"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Tuesday, November 26, 2002

Just as I ate my lunch at 3:48PM today, I took a personality test on Emode.
***************************************************************************************
Pei, you're a Secret Agent!

Your personality is actually determined by two personality sub-types - your primary, or dominant sub-type, and your secondary sub-type. You are a Secret Agent which means you are a Thinker / Seeker. Your primary sub-type is defined by "Thinker" characteristics and your secondary sub-type is defined by "Seeker" characteristics.

That means you're basically a smart, shrewd loner. Chances are although you prefer solitude, you're a deeply caring person full of energy and ideas. On a personal level, you're sensitive. You may worry too much about how you compare to others, and your mood suffers under such intense personal scrutiny.

How do we know all this? How do we know that you like to work in a cubicle and eat lunch at your desk? How could we have divined that you possess a critical eye that assures your final product is always top rate?
**************************************************************************************
Ha, I do like to work in a cubicle and eat lunch at my desk! In fact, I am eating at my desk right at this moment. hmm......"Seeker," that sounds like I am one of the Quidditch player in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. (Look! Why is she flying that way? Oh, wait! Did she just catch a glimpse of the gold snitch? Go Gryffindor!)

Well, I stayed in the library for about 3 hours this morning studying genetics. I was going to "sleep" in one of the cubicle, but it would such a waste of time to sleep in the smell of the old books. It was a very productive time, I'd say. Unfortunately, I coughed a lot in that 3 hours, which exhausted me. I got hot chocolate for myself (the prize of the day for being such a good student and for being sick and cold....)

After genetics recitation, I decided to go to one of the handcraft stores to get something really cute...not for myself, but for a friend. ;-) I love that store so much that I wish I could OWN everything there.

Sigh...I was hoping to get a nap before genetics, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I think I am turning "deaf" now that I can't hear my own alarm clock go off. I feel horrible that the alarm always wakes the person sleeping above and not me. I feel horribly guilty for not hearing my alarm clock. I think I am getting conditioned to turn it off and go back to sleep whenever I hear it. (coughing) Ahhhh, this is so frustrating. Imagine next semester...If I don't hear my alarm clock, that means my poor roommate will have to wake up at 6:30AM every single morning. I must think of a way to solve this problem of mine (coughing)

well...time flies....

Better get ready for anatomy that's to come. (need to study a lot for that thing this weekend)

Wish all a great thanksgiving.

No comments: