"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Sunday, October 05, 2003

whoa...the Sound of Music is definitely a show worth seeing... I'd give it a 9 out of 10, just because i love the story and the songs. It was such a sweet sweet musical that you can't miss out. I wish I could go up and hug one of those children, especially the youngest girl. =). They are just like dolls!!!

The theater is very different from the ones in New York City. The Fox Theater is very big (don't think it is as big as the wharton) and the decoration inside is mind-blowing. There is huge organ pipes in the entrance and statues on the side of the walls. Too bad that we weren't allowed to take pictures of the place...

i had such a great time with charlie yesterday... =). The best road trip so far, just because we had so much to talk about! We talked about those "old school" Chinese songs that we listened to when we were in elementary school and pre-school. It turns out that he likes the band that I used to love when i was 5-6 years old, and the song that's called, "the red dragonfly" (nobody here would know about it unless he/she lived in taiwan when he/she was really young.) So, we sang Jacky Cheung's old songs on the way back...hehe, even though i don't really remember those lyrics too well anymore. During dinner, we talked about the Chinese food that we love and came out with a HUGE list...and we ended up calling our parents just to ask them what else that we like to eat and some of the fruits... Such an interesting interaction that involves people on the other side of the globe. hehe. We talked about our families, our blankies (i still have my blanky!), thoughts on religion, and many other things...hehe. I have to say that from the way he describes his parents, his parents are just like my MOM! haha, it is quite amusing... I haven't really met anybody whose family is just so much like my family. He's such a great friend, because he really seems to understand where I come from and how I get to the state I am in now... I am so fortunate. =)

btw, also learned the Brazilian greeting way...hehe... I almost got hugged and kissed by his friend's sister. (we met his friends at the Fox theater.) Instinctly, I just stick my hand out and shaked hands with her. lol. She was pretty surprised that I did it until she realized that I am not from Brazil.

back to ORGO now.

No comments: