http://aiselo.net/2pro.wmv
Got this commercial from a friend in Taiwan... It'd be good if you know either Korean or Chinese, otherwise, the language could be a problem.
I have to say that the topic of this commercial really happens in our day to day life-- ideal vs. reality. Where do you draw the line to separate the two? Or do you ever draw a line? When are you being idealistic and when are you looking at things in a realistic sort of way? How do you know? How do you face it when reality hits you in the face while you are holding tight to your ideals? What do you know? What should you do?
An example:
My aunt asked what I want to specialize in after I get out of med school, and I told her that I am currently interested in neurology, psychiatry, and geriatrics, and how much neurology fascinates me and I just want to know more. I told her that by the time I am done with residency and all those things following med school but before I actually truly become a specialist, I will be in my mid thirties... She cried out loud with this reproachful laugh, "Pei, you gotta think about this, you know. I know that you can do it if you want to, but you got to keep your mind open. If anything changes and you no longer want to do it, then you need to change and put your pride aside. You need a life, too." There! A good example of my ideal and what the reality is in front of me, at least in the future.
A harsh reality and a beautiful ideal. Which one would you choose? Which one would you stick to? Why do you choose the path? Would it be unethical/immoral to choose reality over ideal when the time comes, or the other way around? Is there an answer? By what standard and whose standard is the answer correct or good?
This is something to ponder upon when you are bored.... A debate would do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment