"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Sunday, April 11, 2004

Friday's Casino Night turned out REALLY GOOD. =). People had a blast. We finally got back home at around 11:20PM and I went to bed at 1ish after printing out 37 copies of the liability form.

Saturday, I woke up at 4:20AM to wake up some e-board members for the Chicago Trip since we were leaving at 6AM sharp. People came on board pretty on time.

Chicago trip was probably the BESTEST trip ever even though I was a little reluctant to go with so many people. The Chinese exhibit in the Field Museum was really really really cool. We went for dim sum in Chinatown at noon, and I brought some bakery buns and egg custards for Mandy. =).

Then, we went to Navy Pier... =) =) =). It was SOOOOOOOO CUTE... I think that was the best time of the whole entire day. Kiwi was born yesterday at around 1:30-2PM Central Time. Kiwi is a 10 ounces heavy and grey, and he has blue-grey eyes. The baby loves eucalyptus leaves... I stuff it, gave it a heart, and gave him a life... We gave him a name--kiwi, a.k.a. kigo or manwi. I have to say that it is such a special moment in life... in fact, the moment was quite romantic in a way. Now, I can bring kiwi with me to the scary movies so i will not be scared again. I love my Kiwi. =).

of course, we went to the mall for the rest of the day, the only down side of the whole trip. I got mom her belated birthday present. I finally got a chance to shop for her... =). (phew, i am glad that she doesn't quite know how to get to my journal online) Since I am so excited about the present, I might as well share it with you. I got her the spa series from the bath and body work, which includes body scrub, foot scrub, hand cream, body cream, soap, etc. It has a really light and nice smell, too. I hope she's going to like it. =). I am going to mail it to her...

On the way back, it wasn't as bad as going to Chicago. Since I was so tired, it was fairly easy for me to fall asleep on my whim. people are never independent from one another. It is quite nice to have someone sitting on the bus with you instead sitting alone and having all the stuff (bagels, cream cheese, knifes, water) sitting with you. There is a bit of human warmth (nice cushion if you accidentally fall asleep) and the heavy sleeping breathing.... plus, you can get a little comforting rubbing on the arm when the startled voice from watching the pirates on TV suddenly all turned into skeletons woke up the person sitting right by you. Pirate of the Caribbean was a pretty good movie... =).

Fun time always goes by fast... I only got to read a little bit of my chemistry lab manual... =/. It is ok...I suppose... Now i need to do a lot of catch up.

No comments: