Sunday, April 25, 2004.
I took a pretty long study break yesterday starting from 5:15pm to 1:00AM... pretty much the same amount of time that I spent studying yesterday. :-/. I should have studied a little bit more, but... (sigh) I am getting spoiled.
Ms. D, Mr. W, and I went to the Parlour for snack/dinner, and Mr. W and I shared a banana split. "Oh My God" was the only words that I could say when the smiley waitress brought it to the table. There were 6 scoops of ice cream, two of each flavor (vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate), each of the size of a baseball. They were piled on top of one another into a triangular "mountain" of at least 30 cm tall (sorry, I am more used to the metric system. It would be about a foot tall.) There was whipped cream on the two legs of the triangular mountain. It reminded me of a Christmas tree with a lot of decorations on it. I managed to finish almost 1/2 of the ice cream mountain (aren't you proud of me or what?). I had to stop eating the icecream eventually because I got really really really cold. The spoon with ice cream would shake every time I scoop some out and drip the melting ice cream on the table, making a mess... Ice cream time was fun though... It's always good hanging out with my two best friends here in the State... I am going to miss them a lot next semester.
Then we went to watch "the Prince and Me." =). Just for your own information, the movie is pretty corny and pointless, but it has a good Cideralla sort of thing in there. I am not a big fan of Cideralla, but sometimes it is good to feed on those pointless fantasies. The movie reminds me of someone who is VERY close to me...muwahahahaha... If you have seen the movie, you would know what I mean (but I would not suggest you to watch it unless you are a chick flick fan). The sole reason of me going and watching the movie is because Yee said that it reminded him of me. LOL. My curiosity took over again. It talked about doctor without border... If I have the chance, I want to become one. Forget about settling down once and for all, I want to be adventurous and explore the people, the cultures, and the world, and at the same time, save lives. In that case, I just want a companion, like a dog or a cat...or something of that sort. I want to become my dream heroine: independent, selfless, caring, brave, curious, and free...
After the movie, Mr. W and I went out for a walk by the river... We were trying to replay the night when I was being attacked by the ducks. It didn't work this time. Maybe the ducks got scared since there were two people instead of one. The rabbits were there, too. The evening drizzle made the grass and the trees smell refreshed and sweet... It was a peaceful night except you see the girl trying to chase after the ducks so that they would come running after her like that other night. I was wondering if I enjoyed being chased by the ducks that night... It was an exciting/thrilling event... LOL. Anyway...
Today, I was walking to the library along the river again (after working at the lab from 10 to 12). There was this HUGE bird sitting on the tree trunk that's half way extending its limb over the river. I think it is a hawk... maybe. I am not a bird expert. Could it be an eagle? Is an eagle bigger than a hawk? I can assure you that it is not a turkey or a penguin... I was pretty amused by the big bird. I wonder what it is thinking... Maybe it was enjoying the early afternoon, the blooming flowers, and the baby leaves on the trees... I haven't gotten a chance to walk by the botanical garden behind the library or the arboretum behind the rail tracks... It must be really pretty now since spring is here... Maybe I'll take a walk there some time after my finals...
yee has decided to go to UCLA... dad is not too happy about it even though he said "congratulations" to yee... you can hear from his voice the disapproving tone. UCLA and Cornell... If I were Yee, I would choose UCLA, too. He tells mom that college is not for play but for studying... I am just mad at him because he's looking at the name of the school... There isn't too much of a difference when both of their engineering schools are in the top 20 of the nation. He tells mom that it is about Yee's future, but I think someone's future depends on his work later and not his college career (especially since both of the schools are pretty good). Plus, it will be easier for him to transfer later if he apply for Berkeley... Why is he being so hard on Yee? Why didn't he give me the hard time when I choose MSU over NYU, U of M, University of Rochester, or USC? It is SO NOTE FAIR! Why doesn't he ever trust Yee's ability at doing things? Why does he have to doubt his own son? He always tells us to be confident, but why can't he be confident in his own son, his own blood and flesh... It frustrates me that he's doing this to Yee. He will just have accept it. Mom was telling me that I might have to try to "brain wash" my dad when I get back in the summer, so he will not give Yee a hard time at graduation... I don't want to see the same thing that happened the day before my graduation to happen again this year... sigh....
i am going to get ready for bed now...
No comments:
Post a Comment