"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I woke up at 6AM today, not because I have to drive to Sunnyvale for the ambulance ride along. I woke up early so that I could call U of M to ask if there is anyway of reversing what I did the day before.

Yesterday, I got to work on my secondary application for U of M, and for security reason, the website is designed to prevent new data entering every 30 minutes. I entered my course information, and I exceeded the time, so I lost all my information. The second time, I got smarter, or so I thought, by clicking on "save until later completion" on the bottom of the screen. The webpage refreshed itself, and I continued to finish up the rest of my course information. I scrolled down the screen looking for "save until later completion" but I could not find any. All I found was a blue line that said, "Secondary application has been certified and submitted." By that point, I pretty much just cried in agony because...I just sent in half of my course description to the school without even answering any of the essay questions. There was no way to undo it. I was so sure that my blood pressure was going to sky rocket, and I would get an aneurism because my major blood vessel was going to burst due to the inability to withstand the crazy pressure. (Ok...maybe not that dramatic.) So I e-mailed to U of M and pretty much cried for help in the e-mail, asking for forgiveness because I had no clue what just happened... I felt like a moron and began to doubt if I was actually that stupid to click on "submit" while I thought I clicked the other button. Then, I whined to all my friends, my doctor (Dr. Moore) and the nurse about the unfortunate event...

So, that was the reason why I woke up early to call U of M. The lady picked up the phone, and I explained what happened to her. She chuckled a bit and told me not to worry because a couple hundreds of students are experiencing the same thing since there was something wrong with the website. She told me that it would be fixed as soon as possible so I should not worry. I thanked her A LOT. It pumped up my adrenaline, and it took me a long while to fall back asleep because I was too excited to know that it was not my carelessnes. I even considered calling Charlie to tell him the good news, but I decided not to, since I didn't want to wake him up again.

Yeah...so now...I am just taking a short break from writing one essay... I still have TONS to write... blah... so...hopefully...I will get this school done, and start working on another school.

No comments: