"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Man, I am being waitlisted by 4 schools right now. This is definitely a test for patience. I just typed up a letter for Leona, and giving her direction on writing a letter of recommendation for me to those schools that waitlisted me. I hope I will get a positive definite answer soon... I think I would be the happiest person in the world when I find out about it.

I must be hanging out with old Alzheimer's people for too long! Last night/this morning I dreamed that I was working with number of them, showing them pictures of themselves when they were young. (chuckle).

Last Friday, a few of the residents, a volunteer, and I baked a cherry chip cake w/ strawberry frosting. It was my first time to frost a cake! LOL. One of the residents was teaching me how to frost a cake. We had a lot of fun together.

San Francisco Bay Area has this grayish hue in the sky for the last few months now. I wish the overcast can go away to show off the blue sky and the warm bright yellow sun. I miss sunshine... I wonder if spring visited East Lansing yet.

Today tasks: finish reading The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende, vacuum, make red bean rice cake

No comments: