"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Saturday, May 03, 2008

So...

haven't written for a while... but i just had some serious conversation with some family members about their family dynamics... It makes me feel quite fortunate about having my parents...

It is very hard to imagine what prompted an adult child to cut off his/her relationship with the family... A problem is never just one-sided... It is probably the worst nightmare parents will ever have when they find out that their child has decided to "disown" them... You wonder what went wrong...

What to do as a middle person? I wish I could help the parents...but I know there is very little that I can do if they are not receptive. There is also very little I can do in term of changing the adult child's decision. He/she is a capable adult and is able to make sensible decisions for life... Nothing will change if he/she is still mad and unable to let go...

Letting go and forgiving are pretty hard to do. But I think when the person is unable to let go and forgive, he/she will always live in misery even though on the surface he/she is happy...because it is simply running away from the problem. The problem is not really solved...

Sigh...

I need to think about what to say when i talk to the parents again......

No comments: