"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Friday, October 11, 2002

Another Friday...Today's the genetic test. Wish me the best of luck. I think I am a lot more prepared for this test than the last, but who knows how hard the test will be until the minute everyone starts to write on the answer sheet. Hopefully, I'll be able to get to the 90s so that my lovely TA, Cho, will not put another note and say, "I was expecting a 90's though." That was encouraging and disappointing at the same time. Encouraging in that she thinks I can do better; disappointing in that I didn't do well. So, I am going to REDEEM myself today (hopefully). Jia you, Pei. (mm...that's how sheen spell "add oil"...I need to learn the Roman spelling method for Chinese.)

I am really happy for Qian that her room problem got resolved peacefully, other than that the other girl was very disrespectful. There will always be people like that. (sigh...) I am glad that she let me be involved in part of her life though. Don't you just think it is a great honor to be involved in someone's life? It makes the friendship stronger and everlasting because now the two people share a part of their lives together.

Am I a quiet person? hmm....That's what Matt told Qian about me. She laughed when she told me about this, because she didn't think me as a quiet person. No, I am not a quiet person if you get to know me better. I am just not very good at initiating conversation, partly because I don't like to initiate a conversation unless I know that person well. I like to observe the people around me first. Mmmmmm....I have a tendency to talk to girls more than to guys for some reason (exception: Yee and Dad). I am not sure why, maybe you'll be able to figure that out and tell me.

And....Feel free to be my "mirror". I like to have a mirror in front of me so that I'll get to know myself better and keep in mind to improve my "temper" (yes...I do have a pretty bad temper if someone accidentally steps on the mine)

Happy Friday.

No comments: