"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Saturday, October 12, 2002

Friday.....the test was very hard indeed. I don't know how well I did on it, and I doubt that I'll REDEEM myself from the 87 last time. sigh......is grade THAT important to me? hmm....a very good question to think about. Well, it's going to affect my future in terms of getting into a nice medical school. That's my goal for my future career, isn't it? Yes, it is. Sometimes I wonder what I REALLY want in life---- what I really want to get out from this life. It is certainly not to become famous, powerful, or rich (althought that would be nice). I want to have a happy life in which I don't need to worry for my existance, in another word, survival. mm.....anyhow, we'll see about the grade by Monday---- the dreadful day.

The Friday afternoon was joyous. I felt so fulfilled and incredibly satisfied with my life because I met a really sweet old lady in the nursing home. I want to be her friend. She gave me one of her stuffed animal, and it is a spotted doggy called "Schlaber Schnauze" which literally translate from German to English as "Drooping Mouth". She gave it to me because she would like me to think of her whenever I see Schlaber Schnauze. (how cute!) She came from Germany when she was 31. For some reason, I feel really comfortable around her... Somehow she reminds me of my grandma in Taiwan. I think that I am going to buy her some flower the next time I go visit her. :)

CCF meeting was incredibly fun last night. The ice break game was so much fun. Too bad that I didn't think of some really cool movement for everyone to do when I was the leader and that Jon figured out that I was the leader in 5 minutes. Maybe next time I'll do some really strange motions. Haha. The activity was a lot of fun, too. Haha. The people from Armstrong are really different from the people in Bryan. Bryan people RULE! (not to offense anyone) mm...Yes, and Jared tried to KIDNAP me... Hah, but I SLIPPED away and ESCAPED without them noticing, except Qian. I really had things to do, sorry about that, guys... So I stayed up until 2:20 to sort out my note cards for the morphemes. I shouldn't have mixed them together in the first place, but it was worth it. I got to review the morphemes while sorting them out, so I think I'll do ok on the morphemes.

Today, I did my laundry. Yes. I put my clothings in the dryer. I went to check it every 30 minutes to see if they are dried, but eventually I got caught in my studying (anatomy, of course), so I forgot to check it. So, when I went back 2 hours later, I was totally SURPRISED by the amazing sight. On the top of one of the washer, there were two HUGE MOUNTAINS of folded clothings---- MY CLOTHINGS. FOLDED UP! WOW. Who ever did that for me really made me appreciate the whole entire human race that we have such sweet and considerate people in the world. I want to thank her (probably a her, i don't think average guys would do it for a girl) a whole lot for doing that. (haha, i wonder if she's surprised to see some of my really funky looking underwear..muwhahaha...especially the one with pig tail....haha)

SO...now, i am going back to study anatomy now...the nerves are really annoying......but......yeah, gotta go.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Love to all.

No comments: