Today, I got an e-mail from dad. (smile) Tears rolled down as I read his e-mail. Lots of comfort and support even though he didn't write much.... I miss him.
Yes. The other night (i forgot if it was last night or the night before), Yee sang Polly and song by Alkaline Trio for me. I was so touched by it that I just wanted to cry and wished I could fly back to New York and hug him. It is funny that when I was home, he would never sing for me even if I beg him to. I wonder if he grew or gain muscles in the past 2 months. I wonder how he's doing in his life. I hope that he's not too lonely...I wish I could be there when he needs help. Having a brother like him is really a bless. (LOL, he reminded me of something really interesting. He said to me the day before my anatomy exam, "Pei, you sound like a Christian now," because I asked him to pray for a good grade for me. CCF is really growing on me now.)
And, I talked to Mom, too. For some reason, I really think a lot about them now after a month in school. I miss my mom's food, her voice, and all those little things that she does for me that I once thought was annoying. I miss her. She said that the house is so empty without me there just because I was the one who usually talks and makes all the noises (other than Yee's guitar madness). Yee doesn't talk to her much, she said. I can imagine. I wish I could be there just to listen to her talk although I know that I am going to get annoyed by the gossips about her co-workers. Gosspis don't matter anymore. Every night I waited for her phone call. Actually, I should be the one who initiate the calling, not her, but sometimes when I get back at 9pm, she's already sleeping. I should call her tonight...
Is this the so-called, "homesick"? What is the definition of home? Yes, what is home? I don't call Taiwan my home because whenever I go back, I feel like I am being treated as a guest. My uncles and aunts take us out to great restaurants, national parks, karaoke, etc. Grandma and Grandpa always ask us what we want to eat and have...they stuck money in our hands so that we can buy things that we want. Sigh....what is home? New York? Well, I do miss those noisy geese, the swans, the deer, and skunks (yeah...the skunks, i miss them). I miss the broccoli hills, valleys, and the lakes. I wonder if they get a lot of precipitation this past few months so that the lakes get filled up again. The drought was destroying the beautiful lakes. But...these are the physical parts of "home"... Is "home" a physical noun, or can it have a deeper meaning to it? I will always feel like at home when everyone is together...
Anyhow...enough of these sadness-inducing talk
I shall go and work on my lovely chemistry lab
p.s. Tolga got a fish! It is such a beautiful but sad-looking fish who get prisioned in that little "plastic" container.
No comments:
Post a Comment