Lots of things happened this week.
On Wednesday night, two of my friends on my floor had a rough time together because of their different views on the matter of religion. Let's call them Ms. D. and Mr. C. Mr. C. had asked Ms. D. if he could go see what the freshman family was like because he was curious about the "sisters", "brother", "mom" and "dad". Ms. D., however, did not want him to be there because she knew that Mr. C would start to make fun of the family since he didn't agree with her religion. Anyhow, so Mr. C. went despite the fact that Ms. D really suggested him not to, and he came back sadden, angry, and frustrated. Ms. D, on the other hand, came back also sadden, angry, and frustrated. One told me that when the family start to worship God and pray for his bless, he thought about how narrow-minded these people are because they didn't understand about how the rest of the world is feeling. He mentioned to me about the Turkish earthquake that killed his beloved friends, etc., etc.. "If God's so loving, why did He make the earthquake? Would anybody want the earthquake and pray for it?" I told him, "No. It wasn't God's doing or anybody's. It happened just because... Nobody would want an earthquake that killed hundreds of thousand lives." Ms. D. came back, and I could just see the frustration on her face. How sad! I didn't ask her what happened, because I already knew since Mr. C. came back early. I knew what she was going through, because Mr. C. later asked her and her friend not to go to the freshman family group for good. They are friends, and each holds to his/her own belief tightly. There's nothing wrong with it. But when one side begins to try to change the other, there will be conflict. Dad told me, "Never try to change someone once he/she's over 17, because you will not be able to do it, and you'll be frustrated." Toleration is probably the best way to go about this, especially this matter-- Religion. (Actually, I would say that religion and politics are two major causes for conflicts in friendships. That's just my opinion.) Hopefully that Mr. C. will be a little more tolerable toward Ms. D's religion and that Ms. D will be able to see why Mr. C.'s holding his view the way he is. There should be a mutual relationship between the two. I hope that everything will turn out alright.
Other than that, I want to THANK Jared for the pink rose and THANK the members of CSC for all the works that they put into the Sweetest Day Sale (special thanks to the guys who always give me ride back to Bryan and two co-presidents for their hard works)
I better be going now.
Happy Sweetest Day! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment