"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Monday, October 21, 2002

Wow, this weekend is AWESOME.

I. CCF NIGHT
Pumpkin Carving:
Friday night, I went to CCF and had a LOT of fun carving pumpkin with Rachelle and the others. To tell you the truth, I enjoyed sticking my hands into the inside of the pumpking and pull out the "guts" of the pumpkin. You may think it is gross, but I like the cold liquidy sliminess (muwahahaha...i am such a weird person). It was Ra's idea to carve the "Chinese face" (with lined eyes, huge nose, and tiny mouth) and the Chinese characters that represent pumpkin ("southern squash" is the Chinese if u literally translated it to English). If you are interested in seeing the picture of OUR GREAT ART WORK, I can send pictures to you. =)

Apple Pie:
Thank to all those people in CCF who made the YUMMY APPLE PIES. They were delicious. THANK YOU!

Sheen:
Oh yeah, need to thank the "iron man" (hope you don't mind), SHEEN, for the flower. THANK YOU SO MUCH! It was a HUGE surprise, and it made my day!

Arthur:
GOOD JOB on the worship! Such a great guitar player! I really really enjoyed you playing the music. WAY TO GO!

Sewa:
THANK FOR THE PUMPKIN SEEDS! That was my first time trying out pumpkin seeds, and you made them really yummy! I need to learn how to cook from you!

USB TIME:
USB...mm....such a little place. I wish the guy could make his store a little bigger (definitely way to small for all of the CCF members). Playing Chinese chess with Jon was quite an experience. I think he didn't pay too much attention to the game, which was the reason why I actually won the game (surprisingly). (Yee and Dad are going to be SO proud of me...muwahahahhaa.) I didn't feel like playing the game after playing with Jon partly because of my pride. I should've played with sheen and joyce, but I was tired and I didn't want to lose. "It's only a chess game, Pei" said the angel. "But you do not want to lose! You'll lose, because sheen and joyce are good!" :-/ So, Pei decided not to play and started to write the birthday card for her penpal in Taiwan (sadly, she didn't even get to finish it this weekend). Sorry, guys. I promise that I'll play with you some day soon! Oh yeah, it was fun watching Emi, Jenni, and Steven playing the game that they had to pile up those wooden blocks (what is it called?). I should've also played with them, but I was tired...and I didin't want to do anything really.

II. Saturday
Movie Night: Bourne Identity
Nice movie. I enjoyed the part where they were driving in Paris trying to escape the policemen. It was VERY exciting.

Surprise:
After I got back to my room from the movie, Mr. C WAS ON MY COMPUTER! I was shocked that he used my computer without my consent and that he was talking to my friends. I thought that he would be more respectful than that. That made me sad. Ms. D wrote me a note later to apologize. Don't feel bad. Really. It is not your fault, but mine. I should've turned my computer off when I left, but I was just too lazy. I just hope that Mr. C will never do it again. He'll be allowed to use my computer if he asks before he touches it. I was sad though....

III. Sunday
Mowbray Scholar Meeting:
There is a HARRY POTTER among the mowbray scholars! I am totally in LOVE with his dark brown Harry Potter hair and his framed Harry Potter glasses! His name is Christopher, but from now on, I am going to call him Harry Potter just because... Mr. Potter, please don't mind me calling you this name. You are my IDOL now. :-p. Oh yes, his major is anthropology, which is a subject that really interests me. I think I am going to take an anthropology class next semester if possible. It'll be SO much fun to learn different groups of people. He's really good at taking pictures too. Oh yes, he told me that I should go to a place where I'd never dreamed of going for the Mowbray scholarship. He sparked something that's in my mind for a long time----going to AFRICA. The wild animals in the jungles and the wild animals in the vast grassland...the SAFARI! UHOOO! TIME TO BECOME A PART OF NATURE! "nature is love" ---------- Mike Nulens. So, if any of you guys' reading this and know any intership or volunteer works needed somewhere in Africa, TELL ME! (I'll try to convince mom to let me go!)

After Mowbray:
Superman and Ms. M played "stratego" in the room while I was trying to translate some English cards/bookmarks into Chinese for the MSU safe place (one of my volunteer work). Superman. :) His glasses are SO cool. Ah, yes, and Ms. Emily was playing and singing really funny songs in the background. LOL. She's such a cute person. I love my floor!

In conclusion: "the fun NEVER ENDS!" ----------- CCF

No comments: