Friday is always a good day...
I knew it would be a wonderful day today because I got up 5 minutes before my alarm clock that was set at 8:30am. =D Then, a bunch of great things happened!
1. Breakfast: I made a PERFECT WAFFLE! Mandy made a perfect waffle, too! She said to me, "woo, a perfect waffle! we are going to have a good day today!"
2. I went to my chemistry TA to ask her about the chemsketch program. She showed me how to work on it and gave me back my lab #3. I GOT 20/20! (Very happy because I only got 13/20 on the first lab report.)
3. On the way to Genetics, I found a DOLLAR BILL on the sidewalk! Pei looked at it and struggled..."someone lost a dollar! should I just keep walking so that maybe the owner will come back for it later? should I pick it up? should I pick it up and handed in to the police? It is only one dollar though...hmmm" She stopped in front of it and stared at the wet dollar bill...and...the evil side convinced her. horrible act....now her greediness is making her feel horrible inside.
4. After Genetics, I got back my regraded genetics test. Dr. Sears gave me 4 points back! I am not exactly sure why she gave me 2 more points that I had expected.
5. Then, I got my friends e-mails! I need to write back to both of them to make them feel better.
6. After I grabbed my lunch from Totally Take Out, I jumped into Bus #1 heading toward the lovely nursing home. At the stop by Berkey Hall and Olin Health Center, there was a disabled man on one of those automatic chair/cart thing trying to get onto the bus. It pained me to see that he put soooo much effort to steer his old and crappy cart. He had trouble controlling it, so he was pumping into the seats. He waved his hands frantically trying to grab the handles of his steer while gibbered sentences that I couldn't really understand. I closed my eyes and had that heavy pain inside my heart... Are you trying to say that you need help? Are you nervous because you feel the heat from everyone's eyes? Don't be... Are you feeling being rushed? It's ok. I know that I'll probably be late to the nursing home, but take your time if you need to. Slow down so that you'll not hurt yourself by hitting the seats on the side. There I was, sitting on my seat, thinking, pondering, yet I did nothing to make the situation better but to hold back my tears and actions. I didn't have the courage to stand up, leave my seat, and help him. Why did I care so much about how others view me if I know in my heart that I am going to do the right thing? Why? Why didn't I do it? Was I scared? Scared of the stares from the others? Scared by his "crazy" actions? Scared that I would hurt him in the process of helping him? AHHHH......sigh.......Now all I can feel is the "guilt" that I did not help him. Pei, don't you want to just be YOU? Isn't this what you always want to do? That was a great opportunity to GIVE, and you just let it pass by. You lost the opportunity to be happy, to be satisfied about your own life, to be fulfilled... Now you feel bad... That's not what you want for your life, and you know it. Now I know that I really have to work on my COURAGE. (In case if you want to know what happened later to the man, another guy came on the bus to help him out because he knew this disabled man. The bus driver said to him, "He wouldn't let me help him," as if trying to defend herself from standing there and doing nothing the whole time. So, yeah, the guy helped to settle the disabled man.) sigh....horrible feeling...it's draining out all my strength for the day...feeling like a deflated balloon...
7. Last night, we CCF girls planned a "FANTABULOUS" surprise party for the CCF guys. It was SOOO much fun. Rachelle, Kristy, and the others came up with this song (it is sung in the tune of the BRADY BUNCH):
"There was lived/ a group of Chinese Boys/ Who were nice and sweet and fun to hang out with./ They liked to play, and eat, and make lots of noise,/ Bust most of all they like to buy us toys. There was JC, related to KC, who thought everything he touched smelled like butt,/ His little nose was as sensitive as a mutt,/ And everything he freaked out he'd say...Frick!! Out little JC, he played with Jared Lee,/ Who was so scary he made children pee./He planned secretly to rule the world,/ And when people jumped on him, he'd say 'GET OFF ME YOU DON"T KNOW ME GET OUTAHERE SUCKER/ I'M GONNA KILL YOUUUU'...anyways... And then there's/ politician Ben,/ Whose health is a 'perfect ten'.... 'perfect ten.'/ And if he wasn't president he'd be a monk,/ Fudgamonkey, good grief, cheap junk. Our buddy Henry, afraid of farting,/ And his sarcastic tone caused some smarting./ And he said my hair needed Pantene Pro-V/ And we're getting to know him so we'll finish this song later. We all love Sheen, especially his spleen,/ He's a lover, not a hater, so he says./ We hope to see him in the candy aisle,/ With his smiling cheerful face on a PEZ. Of course there's Sig,/ WHose brain is this big./ He speaks mandarin, Cantonese, and Toisan./ We really like last name which his Tang,/ Because it was a really yummy drink in the 80's and (lalalala Ra rambles on) Our newest edition, our boy named Jason./ Who we call our favorite freshman punk./ He really really likes a girl named Esther,/ He has ghetto dyed bangs,/ What a hunk. *sigh...ahhhh... Our sophomore Arthur, who lives in Case/ He walks so much he should carry Mase,/ THough he lives in the boonies, we still love Art/ But we still have yet to hear him fart." Yep that's the main part of the song, and between the sections, you have the chorus that runs like this: The chinks plus ben,/ The chinks plus ben,/ there are the men of CCF. It was SOOOO cute. I basically laughed through the whole song because it is soooo creative and sweet. =)
8. Ms. D's mother sent us a package full of Halloween stuff. I also got something from her, too! (a bag of M&M in Frankenstein....spelling? and a pair of TOE SOCKS!) We nailed (actually Ms. D nailed) the witch to the wall. Oh yeah, and we got fake spider webs too! I wonder what we are going to do with it. I think I better vacuum the room tomorrow. =)
9. Tomorrow is going to be a fun day.... =) Laundry, Vacuuming, Studying during the day and "paper & pencil RPG" at 8PM with the CCF people! Fun...Oh, yeah...can't forget to call dad either. Need to ask him how his golf game in the Philippines went =)
10. Ah...and...and..and GOODNIGHT, my lovely blog.
p.s. Nursing home experience was alright. I found out more about that lovely German lady... She's not doing well today, needed the oxygen tank and....she was depressed... Depression. How can I help her to overcome depression? That'll be the question to ponder over the next 2 weeks... :-/ (thinking...)
No comments:
Post a Comment