This passing weekend, I got to enjoy life as it should be--a little studying, a lot of fun. The retreat was really a great experience and chance to get away from school and all those annoying things.
We got lost on the way there, so the supposedly 2-hour journey took us about 4 hours. It was all worth it, if you ask me. The bumps and challenging on the journey is what made it sweet and memorable. Yes, we stopped at a kids' play ground to go on the really cool slides that are 2-story high and twist like one of those cool looking pasta. I bumped my head on the slide because I was too big (haha), and so the bumps on my nose and forehead has been following me for the past 6 days. Yes, we stopped at 2 gas stations to ask for direction. Thanks to the wonderful and patient Jared and Arthur, we finally figured out where we were. =)
It was cold outside when we got off the car. The refreshing air, the quietness, and the darkness were companied by thousands of bright shining stars that delocrate the sky. Stars...absolutely beautiful. It made me think how large the universe is and how small we are in the world. There must be something greater and grander than us mere humans. Curiosity occupied me. How I wished that I could just fly into the space and explore all the planets out there!
The next day, I got to do something that I always want to do-- riding horse and making s'mores. The only disappointment was that we had to follow the trail in the woods and that my horse was too obedient. Hopefully, one day, I will be able to ride horse and just wander in the woods or the fields. Making s'mores was so much fun. I kinda enjoyed looking at my first marshmallow getting on fire. Ha. Burned marshmallow has that special taste to it; it is actually pretty good. The s'more also had the smell of wood to it because I made mine in the fireplace. (Yes...my first time to see a REAL FIREPLACE!)
Ah, and the retreat made me really appreciate my friends. The time at Springhill gave me a chance to "bond" with friends and just have fun. I am really surprised that these friends are so supportive and protective of one another. They really care about one another's well being. It made me feel being loved-- more loved.
It amazes me on how MUCH I LEARN at the retreat (other than genetics and anatomy ;-p): the amazing nature, friendship, horseback riding, s'mores, intimate moments with myself, peace, etc. The list goes on and on. It is really "Yuan" that brought all of us together...destiny. God is amazing.
Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment