"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Wednesday, December 18, 2002

sigh....I do not know what to say in my blog for the first time. How can I have NOTHING to say? So many things happened in the past few days, but I have nothing to say because everything that happened was so "normal"----I am so used to seeing these things happen that I am basically numb toward them. Strange, isn't it?

Monday, I worked at COACH in the Commons again like I used to. Everyone gave me a hug... The hugs that they gave me felt so...um...unreal. Hugs are only a way to express welcome, I suppose, nothing else...except the hugs are from special people. They are not special, at least not to me. Working there made me think how fortunate I am. It is really depressing to see that the people who work there are so unhappy about their working environment (I have to agree, it is not a happy place to be) and their lives. For me, working there is really a big waste of time because I spend my whole day at that place without really learning anything useful, other than learning where the bags are stocked in the back and how to make customers buy more products. Volunteering in a hospital or a nursing home is so much more fulfilling...sigh... I guess for the long-term employee there it is a way of life that they have to accept. (As for my mom, she works there just for the insurance...she's unhappy working there but she likes to keep herself busy. What can I tell you? It is the contradition in her life.)

Yesterday, a Tuesday, I decided to go back and visit my old Monroe Woodbury High School. Teachers gave me hugs, too, but those hugs are so warm and touching. I do not know how to describe them, but those hugs made me feel that I am welcomed, loved, cared for, etc etc... They gave me the support and assurance that I long for. I went to Mr. Reiss' physics again. They were learning trajectory, and I took notes. =) It was a fun class, I'd say. I love this guy... I absolutely love this teacher and his pal, Mr. Lobreglio, my AP bio teacher whom I also talked to and we discussed genetics. hehe...things only weirdos do. :-p. Well, the interaction between my teachers and I always makes me feel that I am their daughters. Ha. I saw my English teachers, Math teachers, ESL (English as Second Language) teacher (who's going to a surgery later this month), history teachers, guidance counselor (of course, CAN'T forget about him), the principal, etc.. They all asked how do I like MSU (of course, I told them that I love the school, which I truly do), how is my social life (yeah...I guess they knew that I did not have social life in high school), how's my academics (even though they know I should do ok), how's my dorm, how's my roommate, etc. The funny thing is that they all asked if I have a boyfriend now. Ha. Nope, no boyfriend, I laughed. =) Why do I need a boyfriend now if I am perfectly happy with my life in college? Why would I want to bring more complication to life by brining a boyfriend into my life? Neh, I don't need it right now. I just need friends whom I can totally trust, to whom I can share all my feelings with without feeling awkward. I saw all my friends who are still in high school, too. I even saw the colored section of this year's yearbook, which is absolutely AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL...which reminds me that I still have to work on the CCF yearbook. :-p.

Today...nothing exciting happened except that Mr. Johnson came to COACH just to visit me! When I saw him, I simply ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug ever! He hugged me back too! It's all good to be hugged because hugging him is like hugging "Santa". hehe. Yep. Oh yeah, he was my chorus teacher, a great one. =) He looked really happy as a retired man. I was really really glad that he came to visit. He said that he'll buzz me one day for lunch before I go back to MI. =)

ah, that reminds me that I got invited to go to my 10th grade bio teacher's house for dinner next Monday. She's a great teacher too! I can't wait to see her. I'll have to call up all my friends here and tell them to go too, since she wants to see all of us.

umm...good blog for today? Yep, I guess. I should get offline soon...just to be on the safe side... (Yee got hacked yesterday...the operating system got deleted by someone...sigh...poor brother)

Love to all!


No comments: