Nursing Home:
1. I stayed at the nursing home to have luncn witn an old lady who had asked me to dine with her last week. She's such an interesting charater. For some reason, she didn't get her tray of food after sitting there for almost an hour. Of course, like every normal person would do, she starts to complain about the efficiency of the nurses and how much she dislike the place. The man sitting right by him had his food in front of him untouched. He made a gesture to her and started to move the pound cake to her. She looked at him knowing what he's trying to give her his food. He told her that he's only in the dining room to listen to the music and not to eat. Once hearing that, my old friend started to tell and encourage him to eat so that he would have energy to sustain life. The scene touched me. To see two people, not really know each other, try to help and support one another.
2. I visited an old man across the volunteer/activity room because he was lying on the bed eating his lunch. He couldn't leave the room because he just had a surgery on his left eye. I entered the room and greeted him. He showed a lot of appreciation toward the volunteers who work in the nursing home and told me that every single visit is special to the individual, especially to the old ladies. He explained to me how helping out the ladies with combing their hair, painting their nails, chatting with them, and many others brighten their whole day. That was so sweet to say.
CSC Lunar Dance:
1. The decoration process was fun. I had fun tying the balloons into an arch. It came out to be nice...
2. The beginning of the dance, it was pretty fun and relaxing because I was just standing around chatting with my friends from CSC, chilling. It was all good. Later, I attempted to dance with my friends under the thundering music... I can tell you now that I DO NOT like being in that kind of environment. I don't feel like that I belong in that dance room the whole evening, not to be disrespectful. It was not my style of having fun, that's all. However, I did have fun looking at my friends' dresses (muwahahaha, I am such a weird person) and amazed by the "tube" dresses.
3. Later, I was selling roses to people and asking if they would like to buy roses for friends. One guy that I asked told me that if I'd be his gal he'll buy the flower for me. Ha. NO. Of course, not. I just walked away, and the people at his table just laughed at him. Then, another guy whom I sorta know came to me in a really exaggerated manner. He walked up to me to introduce himself and asked for my name (he already knew my name before this). So, I told him. Then, he walked closer to talk in my ear saying that I look "really really" good. I thanked him and shaked hands with him.
4. The thing didn't end that easily... Later, I went to the DJs and asked them to play some slow Chinese music. My friend asked me to dance with him, so I did. It was sweet, and we were chatting while dancing, discussing who the singer is and how stupid the song is. Haha. It was sweet.
5. At the very end of the dance, this guy who introduced himself to me gave me a look as if asking me to dance. I thought it would be fun at first because he was going to teach me how to dance, but it turned out to be a totally different story. sigh...He had my hand held really tight to his and manipulated my hands to touch him... err...yeah that's as detailed as I need to go on with... I tried to break it off by standing as far away from him as possible and try to laugh it off saying that I cannot dance and that I'll never learn. It didn't work... He held on to me tighter..and I do not appreciate the way he touched me. It was absolutely abhorrrent and disgusting. ARGGGG... I don't know why I didn't try harder to get away from him, perhaps I wasn't obvious enough. He definitely had some drink...I could smell it from his breath. I looked for my friends, but they were at my back where I cannot see... What would they think of me? What about the people whom I DON'T know? What would THEY think of me? They'll probably just think that I am a slut... I felt so disgusted and dirty afterward and my face was burning... It was so embarassing... WHY was I not affirmative enough? My hands were like dead...they lost all their strength and just let him took control over. WHY? HOW? What happened? What was I thinking? Dad was right that I need to learn how to say NO to people... He was right all along... I feel bad that I disappointed him. He must be hurt and sad if he hears about this... sigh... My friends later told me that if this ever happen again, they will definitely come and rescue me because they didn't know if I was having fun dancing with that guy last night. Thanks. (but I think I would not go to another dance unless I absolutely have to...I do not feel like I belong to the whole atmosphere and the music was totally not my style. Going to watch orchestra playing or a show or going to the museum would be so much better than dancing. If I have the choice to choose the "modern" dance and the old style, I would choose to dance Waltz or ballet over the loud pounding music.)
I suppose this is the end to all... I have nothing more to say about the lunar dance other than that I hope we'll make it look even better next year...
No comments:
Post a Comment