a brand new day... I was hoping to see the sun and the blue blue clear sky today, but it is not likely to happen. I don't suppose it is going to be too sunny and warm tomorrow either...sigh...which means my plan for the past two weeks is going to be abandoned due to the weather. The plan is to wear my blue dress on my birthday, i.e. tomorrow, but it is a summer dress, so it won't work in this kind of weather. Maybe I will do that later when the temperature goes up a little bit more.
After recitation at 8 and the bank at 9, I got to call dad again! I promised him that I would call him more often for the next few weeks so my "emotion" has somewhere to go. Speculations rose in my grandparents' minds after they heard about my "depression"... cute... They thought that there is some problem in my relationship with my "nonexisting" boyfriend until Dad clarified for me that I don't have relationship problems yet. They then were afraid that I am going to fall in love with just my books and school. Silly grandma and grandpa... I think I realized that books and school are not the only things in the world for me...a couple years ago. It is nice to stay in school, because the school environment is simpler than the working environment, at least that's that I think right now. I found out that I prefer a simple life than a complicated life, even though I pack my schedule with tons of things to do, so I don't just sit around and do nothing. We talked about how slow down my pace a little bit by making my schedule more flexible and less packed would perhaps lessen my stress. Prioritize things... sigh... He reminded me of the single most important thing that he wished for me before I came to college is "happiness." (Mr. Reiss, my high school physics teacher, wrote the same on my yearbook, too) Happiness, the single most important thing in life... I think that is something everyone would wish for me if they care for me. 10 minute talk across the Pacific Ocean (don't you just think this world wide phone system is amazing?) really made a difference in the snowy wintry morning. I felt so much better...even though I still needed to get some other things straighten out.
btw, stt exam went SO WELL... Alex, my professor, graded mine before I leaf the lecture hall.. 80/80! My hours of studying in the music library and writing Sewa's notes really paid off! =) I should start to write notes for people in my other classes. It is a really good review for myself... really worth it, just like what Ms. Bogart (my 9th grade math I & II teacher) said to me before I came here. (I miss my high school teachers... Mr. Rothstein (11th grade pre-cal teacher) met mom at the parent-teacher conference asked how "his Pei" is doing... HA. He's a funny guy, a little sarcastic... none of my friends in high school liked him...sigh...they think he's a bad math teacher, but i think he's pretty good, other than he makes tons of mistakes on the board... lol. i understood math in his class though, other than the Polar stuff and the definition problems on the "liimit" with those Greek alphabets. I like his surprise hug too when he found out about my class standing...he just GRABBED me and hugged me in his arm in the hall ways. i was surprised and happy to know that someone who is sarcastic and "mean" would give me a hug like that.)
maybe i should stop babbling now...
No comments:
Post a Comment