=D Today, I finally felt really proud of myself in my chemistry lab. (Usually, I feelt really dumb in the lab, since I don't really know what exactly I am doing other than I am trying to crystallize my dCtBP.) Stacy, the chemistry faculty working in the lab, is totally impressed by my skill of putting two 1 microliter drops of proteins (long and short dCtBP) on one single slide for each of the wells in the boxes. She told me that she had NEVER had anybody doing it before. =D. (well, i put two drops on one slide to save the expensive screen solution called Magic 50/CSII) THAT was the highlight of the day, everyone. She is actually IMPRESSED by me for once!
Yes, and the song for today (I heard it on radio while setting up my CSII boxes) is called "try it on my own" by Whitney Houston...
Friday, I will be in the lab again, probably for 4 hours, so that I will be able to proceed with my experiment on Monday (I need to cut out the his-tags in my dCtBP before Monday). How am I going to make it to the nursing home? I promised my "old" friends that I'd be there and help them to pick dresses for their dance on Saturday. =/. Perhaps, I will go there tomorrow night? Sigh... I feel so bad that I might not be able to make it on Friday... If I don't show up, one of them (yes, at least one of them) will definitely get very disappointed. I have a feeling that she looks forward to see me every Friday, because she gives me one of those long hugs every time, or asks me to stay with her the whole day. I wish I can teleport myself in and out of the lab and in and out of the nursing home on Friday. Impossible! Maybe the best way is to go there tomorrow...
By the way, does anybody know how to put the "comment link" on the blog? I have trouble figuring out how to do it...
No comments:
Post a Comment