"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Monday, May 12, 2003

today, first day of work at "the cosmetics company store" in the commons (across Banana Republic), was such a fun day. It was fun just to figure out what kind of makeup is for what... interesting stuff. i tested the guys' colognes... :-p. some of them smell really nasty, and some of them smell REALLY REALLY GOOD. AH... i want to use the men's "happy" by Clinique. hahahaha... :-p. (yes, i know there is a women's "happy" by Clinique, but it doesn't smell as good as the men's.) Would it be strange for a girl to wear men's cologne? Sigh...i hope that I am not going to become too girlish by the end of the summer after working in this cosmetics store. i cannot imagine myself applying makeup on my face, ever... it is like wearing a mask. i hope my mind will not be turned 180 degrees... that would be horrible.

besides testing out the different colognes and colors of the lip gloss (? not sure what exactly they were...they looked interesting), the people who work there are SO MUCH FUN. it is like a little "international store" there because we have a lady from Chile, a lady from Japan, a lady from Poland, and myself. I think there are only 7 people working in that store...a small store, but I think I will have a lot of fun with them.

OH YES, and I got an apron! =) I love that apron thing...hehe... it is navy blue, and it has 3 pockets in the front that I can put pen and other little stuff in there. Only two of the people who work there (including me) like to wear the apron. I wonder if I get to keep the apron at the end... it'd be really cool if I get to keep it.

what else? not really much is happening over here... I am still working on "the Age of Innocence" (on page 140 something now, half way through)...

Oh yes...i also played with this really cool thing at the store today....it is called "stay-matte oil-blotting sheets" by Clinique. It is such a magical thing. when you take it out from the little folder, the sheet is white... it feels like hmm...the white membrane of a hard boiled egg (do you know what i am talking about?). HOWEVER, when you start wiping it on your face (if your face is a bit oily), then the sheet become TRANSPARENT! Whoa! I was totally amazed by it... I wonder how it works... I wonder how the chemical works behind it. Too bad it doesn't tell me what the sheet is made of... I SOOOO want to know how it works, the mechanism of it. Yee was amazed by it too when I used the sheet on him. :-p.

enough of the girl talk... (definitely gonna take a shower, I smell like perfume....)

No comments: