"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Thursday, June 19, 2003

back from work... i need to somehow adjust my cellphone volume because i fear that my right eardrum is going to break. anybody knows how?

whoa, today, i felt like i OWN the store because margarita left at 3pm and kimi and joyce were in the back doing inventory. I was in charge of everything from 3 till 7:30pm or so. THAT was an interesting experience. well, not really. I wished I had clones of myself from time to time because I can't simply help so many people at the same time especially they all have different questions. A bunch of korean people came in and starting talking to me in Korean... I don't even look Korean. fortunately, one of two men who came with the Korean ladies know English and was able to translate for me what exactly the ladies want. It was kinda awkward when he decided to leave the ladies with the other man looking around and came to my side and started talking to me... errr... Sir, we need at least a meter between us. They were very demanding people. I guess it is probably because I don't understand what they want... Anyways... Later, there was this lady who asked me for some sort of makeup stuff... Can't remember what exactly she was asking, all I could see was this figure approaching me in a really fast pace and her HUGE grayish-green eyes... WHOA... I got scared that I needed to back off a couple of steps. THAT WAS WWAAYY TOO CLOSE... your eyes are very big and beautiful, but I need a little personal space, Miss. Then, we have some really sweet nice ladies and some girls from Thailand (after I saw their signatures)... Of course, there are people with big disappointment all the time because we don't have the chestnut MAC lipliners or we don't have the Clinique dramatically different lotion or "something ginger All Day Estee Lauder lipstick"... sigh. I am really sorry that we don't have the things you want... Then, there was a customer who got mad at me because I wasn't able to walk her to the MAC section and show her the makeup (instead I just pointed at the place)... I was ringing someone up by the register and had money on my hand and the drawer open... she gave me such a nasty look as if telling me that i am giving her an attitude. (Sigh...this blog entry is just full of complaints, isn't it? I am sorry...) sigh, oh well... It is still better than working at COACH for sure. I should stop complaining.

going to work on the beautiful and fun yearbook now =)

No comments: