"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Monday, September 08, 2003

weeeeee.....

last night was very exciting...although we didn't get to do what we wanted to do. the mere thought of thinking about the midnight adventure gives me this thrill that cannot be repressed by anything. i hope we'll get a rainy/cloudy/snowy night on the weekend soon... hehe. i know that i'll not escape from the feeling of guilt even though i haven't done anything yet. thank goodness that we are judged by our actions rather than our thoughts most of the time under the judicial system. i know my actions later will bring the constant scrutiny of my own conscience, but i really want to give it a try and see if i can accomplish that challenge. it would be so cool to look over the campus from that view... it would be absolutely amazing... how many people on the campus would think of something so dangerous and yet so worth while to do? Maybe i am rationalize myself here, but... sigh... i think i'll let my "id" take over my "superego" this time. i just hope that my clumsiness will not bring down the group...

today was an interesting day... the audition for anthropology 270 (women and health) was absolutely a blast! A lot of fun... it took us 20 minutes to get our body relaxed and warmed up for the audition readings. I got to read the part in "W;t" where the nurse was yelling at the doctor for resuscitating the dead English professor because the professor didn't want to be revived. I got to YELL REALLY LOUD in the lecture hall...hehe. That was quite fun.

Later, I hung out with charlie for a while because i wanted to go visit him, as a break from studying... hehe. What a fun afternoon! When he called me and told me that he could see me from the distance (while I was walking toward Mason where he lives), I did get a little spooked out because I couldn't see him anywhere when I turned around to look. LOL. He would tell me that my white paper hat is pretty nice looking and the direction to which I was walking toward... Strange to know that someone was following behind me somewhere that I can't see... A little scary...a little spooky...a little thrilling... it was like a "mystery" and this mystery kept my heart pumping really hard, and yet at the same time i just wanted to laugh really hard for the "hide-and-seek"... human minds are so intricate and so interesting... how can you explain this in terms of psychology? I love this dude...hehe. Later, charlie get to talk to my mom on the phone (it all started with the "honeydew" issue @ vietopia)...hehe...me the copycat...what can you say! mom invited him to go to new york so that he can eat my mom's food. lol. Of course, i didn't get away with this too easily, because I was forced to talk to his dad on the phone, too! LOL. great exchange there. fun.

i am looking toward the week ahead... i am in such a great mood nowadays, and i think part of it comes from the fact that i like all of my classes...hehe. they are a lot of fun, especially anthropology...

oh yes...i also got to talk with my dad this weekend. haha. he sounds happy... it is so strange that we talk to one another as if we are best friends... lol. i love my dad.

moi...what else is happening to pei's limited small world here? hmm... oh yes...i'll try to remember the "intellect vs. attainable happiness" the next time i write my blog. that was a really really interesting conversation between me and phil the other day. it did make me think for quite a while.

goodnight now

No comments: