"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Saturday, December 20, 2003

a week into the winter vacation...I barely did anything significant study-wise (some stuff that I had planned before the break) in the past week. I don't feel very accomplished other than I've been sleeping A LOT like crazy...

I started to go over the MCAT book that ccf gave me... =). I don't know if it is good or not, but those little messages definitely pump me up a bit when I am tired of inorganic chemistry...but at the same time, they are really distracting, because I always wonder what exactly the person was doing while he/she was writing the lovely messages....hehe. I have this scenario in minid where all of them were just crowind over the book trying to find a spot to write on... or maybe they wrote stuff down by turns... did they have fun writing it? What exactly were on their minds when they wrote whatever they wrote? Do they have special hidden messages in the verses that they wrote down for me that I don't see? I wonder...

I went to visit the high school and chatted with my high school teachers.... it was quite fun. I truly enjoyed the time talking with them. I feel like a celebrity when I go back, because their eyes sparkle when they see me. I felt very "fake" when I hear my name coming out from teachers saying how great I was and am... I felt really proud...fake and superficial at the same time. I loved the feeling of the teachers saying how amazed they are by my accomplishment (learning English and becoming the Valendictorian) and I despise my feeling at the same time. I am feeding off of their compliment... and I shouldn't be... I should not feed my soul on this kind of vanity and the so-called "fame"... and yet...i can't help it. I need to be humbled....

i got a new pair of pajama pants...they are gray....very soft... i like them.

oh yeah...i just found out that wei wei sister and I both like to buy socks...different colors/patterns of socks... hehe

and oh yeah...got an e-mail from my friend in taiwan... =). it always makes my day to receive an e-mail or letter from friends back home... or surprise phone calls...

love to all... goodnight. =)

No comments: