"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

a long day...

i woke up by myself today even though i still managed to stay in bed for extra 20 minutes after my alarm clock woke me up. there was no squeaky sound of the opening door indicating the return of Ms. D from breakfast @ 7:30AM to wake me up. she was somewhere in the woods hunting wild turkey... (i didn't even get a chance to ask her if they had caught any turkey today. i saw her for 1 min when she dropped by the lab to get my lab goggles.)

i went to bowling with the HB crowd tonight... I like wearing the bowling shoes and do twirls on the wooden floor. 'round and 'round on my tip toes... stop... and the world revolves around me. the dizziness makes me want to laugh out loud and enjoy being a kid again... i even did a little "matrix" move today because tim pretended to push me off from the curb... ha. we had a group hug as we were leaving the bowling place... what a great way to end a year! (oh, but we are going to have an e-board dinner tomorrow!!!)

the library stay was alright... I got 2 hours of studying done...not as much as I had hoped for since I fell asleep for 20 min after my dinner at 9pm... i am starting to like that side of the library even though it is always dim in there... if you listen carefully, you will hear the buzz of the ceiling light or the smallest motion in that place. I would pick a spot where I can lean on and where I can steal an extra chair from the empty seat right by me for my legs...hehe.

the fun is yet to start...

as i took a walk from the main library back to mcdonel west... i like to walk along the river at night and look at the stars if i can find any... it was a little chilly tonight when I was walking back. there were a few ducks sleeping on the lawn on my right... they were sleeping peacefully...and a rabbit sitting at the far right. two of the ducks were right by each other, one male, one female... what a scene... you can smell the after rain fresh air while cruising along the river and enjoy the nature at night... in the midst of the peacefulness, there comes my playfulness... I am not sure if I was under the influence of someone at the time or if my childishness just took a hold of my rational mind, but i decided to walk really close to those two ducks sleeping on the lawn...just to see how they were sleeping. (god knows why) As soon as I walked to 1 feet away from them, I spot the dark shadow of that rabbit on the far side hopping away. i gave a startled cry, "look, rabbit!!!" (sigh, how i wish i could run up and give it a hug...) As soon as i said it, i started to regret it. the two ducks woke up. the male quacked at me and warned me to go away... My eyes were fixed at the rabbit instead of the ducks until the rabbit went out of sight. Then, i began to notice the immediate danger after the quacks... I don't think those quacks were for me anymore, because there came another duck out of nowhere RUNNING and CHASING ME! OH MY GOD... Now, i seriously think those quacks were for the security ducks that watch out for everyone at night, instead of warnings to me. (Isn't it quite amazing how these ducks came up with this security system? It works pretty work, doesn't it? haha. It definitely made me pretty scared.) I had to RUN for my life with my bag on the back and the physiology textbook on one hand. (Glad nobody was around...ha.) People would probably think that I am cray if they had seen me. A girl with the "huge book bag" (according to how others describe my bag) chased after by the ducks... I had to burst out laughing after those scary ducks stopped chasing me... I couldn't help it. I had to laugh as soon as I saw the playback of the course of the event in my mind.

anyways... the highlights of the day in a nutshell. i don't think i will ever forget about this lesson, "beware of the sleeping ducks"

goodnight =).

No comments: