taking a break.
dream.
Friday night's dream was very odd. It was almost like the reality of what I had planned to do for Saturday. I woke up in the morning in my dream, put on my rollerblade and skated to Lot 91 to get my car and go to Meijer to buy grocery. People were already everywhere to be seen at 8AM in the morning due to the football game in school. For some reason, I got back from grocery shopping in the late afternoon, when the sun was setting... As soon as I opened the door of my room, there were 3 random guys (i don't think i even know them in reality, but their faces were so distinct and clear) sitting in my lounger and floor, drinking beer, talking loudly about what happened in the game... the TV was turned on to the max volume. I was shocked, angry, and frustrated. Now, I can't study... My furnitures were all put outside into the hallway by these strangers, yet I did nothing about this whole situation. I decide to clean my bathroom to get the rest of my weekly chores done. In vain, the toilet started to flood...I turned the floor of the bathroom into a shallow pool. Jaemilyn, my suitemate, came in to rescue me. Frustrated... I went to the hallway... thinking what I should do next. David Ho and Jenni came to say hello to me and asked if I would like to hang out with them. I wanted to. Torned by the temptation and my other obligations, I stayed in the hallway... As soon as the 3 guys decide to leave my room, I started to move my furniture back to my room... Charlie showed up all of a sudden to give me a hug and left... who knows where... I put my bed together... Later, I went outside to trying to find David and Jenni, but only to find that the clouds in the orangy-pinkish sky turned into the shape of doves... white doves, hundred of thousands of them. It was like looking at an art work in the sky. A moment later, all of these bird creatures swooshed down the sky and turned into real doves flying over the heads of the spectators... It was amazing. In awe, I returned to my room and studied for the rest of the evening.
Strange...
Last night... I was kept awake late at night, probably until 1-2am by the people playing volleyball outside (or maybe basketball?). I wonder why they decided to play so late at night. I could hear the ball bouncing on the ground and the sound of impact on the arms... There were people who were also talking and cheering very loud... inconsiderate of those who go to bed earlier on weekends. McDonel hall is "lively" this year... Maybe the coldness will keep them down a little when winter comes.
Life is a stage, like what Shakespeare said. Friday marked the end of a stage for my family--another major moving time. Mom and Yee have started their journey across the N. America continent. I wish I could be part of it and experience it with them... I wish... So, goodbye to New York and hello to California. I don't think it will be a permanent goodbye to NY, because I do like the place where I used to live, although considered by others to be in the middle of nowhere. I absolutely enjoyed the nature around the valleys and the scattered lakes here and there. Maybe I will return to what I considered to be my home in the US later in my life. Who knows. The future is full of variables.
The music has stopped now... the light relaxing music that accompanied me throughout the 8 hours of studying so far into the day. I shall turn it on again just so it will make me more productive in a less stressful environment.
No comments:
Post a Comment