After a week of classes, I have finally come to the conclusion that this semester is loaded with academic works. I am not going to complain about anything, since I made this choice of saturating myself to the point of exhaustion. It helps me to cope with my loneliness, since I barely have any time to think otherwise. My mind needs to be occupied constantly, otherwise, I would want to call people constantly so that I will have people around me constantly. I would take a break by calling my mom every night, just so I have someone to talk to. This is the result of being around people all the time during the summer... Now, I want people to be around me all the time, althought that's pretty impossible. Everyone has his/her own things going on. I will just have to get used to being by myself again.
Il Hwan called me last night to ask me what channels on TV have good sit-com and movies. You would think that being in the US for 7 years, I should know some good shows and TV channels for movies and such. Sadly enough, that's not the case. I wish I could help him, but I don't really watch TV that much even though I have a little TV in my room. The thing is that I only watch the news and the weather on TV...and I don't really listen to the content really... I just turn on the TV so that my room has some sort of noise. The talking on TV becomes a background humming noise when I do my normal day to day chores and things that don't require much thinking. It makes me feel like the room is fuller and more lively. Isn't this pathetic? Anyhow, Il Hwan sounded disappointed since I didn't really help him too much on this. I couldn't really do much. He asked me what I do for fun... Good question. I study...for fun...to kill time...to bum around. It has become a habit of mine to just sit down and do something useful, and study has become a substitution for "fun"... I suppose. I do enjoy playing the piano though. I played piano for 2.5 hours on Friday night. =). It made me really happy and content. It made my eveninig really wonderful... I told him that I like to hang out with some close friends...but all these things don't really help him. He is a brand new grad student from S. Korea, so he doesn't really have friends yet. He doesn't play piano...and he doesn't have anything to study for yet. I just told him to get a TV guide from the supermarket and look for something good on there to decide what to watch. I doubt that he understand what a TV guide book is about... Poor guy. He's going through a huge cultural shock right now. Well, hopefully I'll get to help him a little more...maybe tomorrow. who knows... I can just try to talk to him so he doesn't feel so out of place.
So today, I studied immunology, biochem, and med. ethics for the whole day... until...now. I think I took a couple hours of break in the afternoon... Nothing fun there!
oh, I remember why I wanted to write this blog now... I was going to actually complain how I am shedding dead skin like crazy... well, not that that serious... It is just my right ring finger's been peeling a lot and been having all these little blisters from the humidity in the air (Taiwan & London). I'd scratch them, and they would break...grow new skin...but then as soon as i bend my knuckles, the newly formed skin breaks and bleeds... sigh. It's become a negative cycle since mid June. It bothers me. My skin is all messed up from all of the traveling that I did this summer...my face and lips shed dead skin, my finger peels, and yada yada yada... then i put extra lotion on my face, and I start to get pimples... why can't i just just peel a layer of my skin off and have good one once and for all?
Anyways... I am going to read some NMR stuff...
No comments:
Post a Comment