135,162
doesn't that seem like a random number? Currently, that many people died from the tsunami/earthquakes in Asia according to the 7PM CNN report. I could not even watch the news on TV anymore, because tears just came out when I see the desparate people crying and dying...
My dad told us that he's heading to Thailand on Monday for the next 7 days. He's going there to help. I remember how we went to Thailand for vacation one time when I was in 4th grade...I think. I remember how he rushed me to the pharmacy on the last day to get medicine for me for the food poison that I got our last night. That is the only clear Thailand image in my head right now. The place must be devastated right now. I wonder how they will be able to recover. Tourism is one of their biggest income... it will take a very very long time. I remember how the earthquake in Taiwan a few years ago caused the economy of that particular region to go down so much that most of the people moved out. It's almost been 7 years now, and the place is quite dead right now. They are still trying to fix the infrastructure of the region in taiwan...and chunks of rocks still fall from the mountainds... the place is not very stable anymore. Thousands of people died from it... But the earthquakes over there is much bigger, much more destructive, much more deadly. The casualty is 100x that of Taiwan's casualty, and it is still rising....man...
i wish i have the skills and independence to fly to thailand/indonesia/sri lanka/india to help. I am definitely going to be a doctor without border when I get my medical degree.
No comments:
Post a Comment