I watched the number of deaths in Asia changing every hour, always going up. There is a sense of loss... So many people died...swept away by the waves. Families were broken, homes gone. Houses/huts collapsed. Diseases will probably break out too... People will probably starve.
Mom called dad to say hello today. He told us that he's going to Indonesia as a volunteer next month for 20 days. "I have to lead them," that's what he told me. There is going to be some sort of risks involved. I hope that he'll be safe and healthy when he's there so that he will be able to help others.
selfish thoughts:
Man... why does he have to do this? Doesn't he know that mom is going back in January? He knows, yet he chooses to go there. It is a very heroic act, I have to say...but he doesn't have to act so heroic during this time, does he? Chinese new year is coming... I admire him for what he does...but he's only a psychiatrist, not a family doctor. sigh. It is a doctor's mission in life... Helping others in times of need.
:-
No comments:
Post a Comment