Today, I made lots of wantons... To be exact, my mom made the stuffing, and I just wrapped them, since that was one of my favorite things to do. Making wantons made me happy. I was thinking what if one day i got married...
then, i would make wantons w/ the yummy chicken broth, egg, vegetables, and noodle for my husband when he came home for dinner. of course, that would only happen if i came home before he did. wouldn't that be the sweetest thing ever? he better not be like my dad who was really picky about food, because I am pretty sure that i would not be as good of a cook as my mom. hmm... just the thought of this scene made me content and happy.
so...that was what i did for my mom when she came home from work. tada. food on the table, waiting for her. i could tell that she was pleased.
then, we watched the korean soap opera that i didn't get to finish last winter break. apparently, it was still playing... the heroine no longer worked in the palace kitchen. she became a doctor for the staff who worked in the palace. The scene began with her helping the sick people in a poor village. I had no clue why she was in that place since i missed the previous episodes. Everyone was waiting for the medicine to arrive, but the really cute (lol) guy who was sent to get medicine was not back on time. People got mad at the heroine, and they locked her up due to anger and frustration over the spreading disease. When things went bad, they really went bad. A fire started out and spread everywhere, burning down everything, including the little hut where the girl was locked in. Lo' and behold, the handsome guy appearred and saved her! how romantic... the guy lifted her up, put her down on a firm rock, and then start violently shaking her trying to wait her up. (sorry... my morbid sense of humor kicked in, and i couldn't stop laughing from that point on.) i couldn't watch it anymore when the girl said, "i thought you would never come back again," and when the guy said, "of course i would come back, how could i ever abandon you." yes yes...it made me all sweet, fuzzy, and giggly inside, but it was still very corny. i guess, if you said that way back a few hundred years ago, it would be very romantic and all... later in the episode, this part got toned down a little. these two people just exchanged a few "looks"--> expressed by my grandaunt as "letting the electricity out" so the receivers would get "shocked" by the love... (LOL....my grandaunt is HILARIOUS... i love her, she's so adorable)
i wondered what would happen if someone were ever to say something like that to me... how would i respond that it? would i smile with this dreamy look in my eyes? or would my face get all tensed up trying so hard so that i wouldn't laugh? or would i throw a big, squeezing hug at whoever said it to me? would i simply run away, thinking the person was crazy? or...would my jaw just drop in disbelief? i supposed that i would never find out...
then, mom and i watched parts of a show showing some italian towns and places w/ some old romantic songs playing in the background... Man. those songs...just melt my heart. I LOVE those old romantic love songs from waaaaaaay back.
alright...enough of this girly mood late at night. i am going to read chapter 9 of my eukaryotic cell biology textbook now.
oh yeah, here is another song to share...yep. the song that plays in my ears nonstop for the past 2 weeks. It's called "blue skies," the one Lucille played at the nursing home on the Wednesday two weeks ago.
I was blue, just as blue as I could be
Ev’ry day was a cloudy day for me
Then good luck came a-knocking at my door
Skies were gray but they’re not gray anymore
Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see
Bluebirds
Singing a song
Nothing but bluebirds
All day long
Never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you’re in love, my how they fly
Blue days
All of them gone
Nothing but blue skies
From now on
I should care if the wind blows east or west
I should fret if the worst looks like the best
I should mind if they say it can’t be true
I should smile, that’s exactly what I do
No comments:
Post a Comment