"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Friday, June 17, 2005

yeah, nothing much to say here since i am at home...

i am probably going to start volunteering at Ralston Village (an assisted living environment for the Alheimer's patients) some time next week after my Monday orientation w/ Cindy. It should be fun. I can't wait to get some more human interaction here.

After Yee comes back, I think we are going to meet this guy from Friendster. He's going to the law school in Lansing, so I will be telling him a little bit about MI (not that i know too much about it) and he'll be showing me around northern cali..probably in San Jose area or something. It should be interesting. I am actually pretty excited about it.

Then, Wednesday, mom, yee, and I are going to see Les Miserables in SF... I have yet to get the tickets, but I am REALLY REALLY excited about watching that show... I think I am addicted to musicals and broadway shows now. :-p. My next adventure is to go to a ballet or symphony orchestra concert... That also means Pei really needs to start finding a job to afford all these entertainments...

Of course, on top of all these, I have to send in my application this weekend or early next week. I have increased the number of schools that I am applying to to 50-60 schools. muwahahaha... yeah. I told my mom that I am just going to throw out the net and hope to catch a few fish. That will help me to further narrow down everything for the secondary applications and even further for interviews. I am really anxious about this whole entire process. I wake up in the morning ad start to wonder where I will end up at next year. It is a little bit scary since there are so much variables. I want to travel to Kenya and help the doctors and nurses w/ the children who need eye care...but that can only happen if I know where I will be going next year. I also want to volunteer in Taiwan...just because I still have the feeling for the place where I came from. However, there is the reality in front of me. I must be prepared...

Pei's not going to give up on hope. It is going to be the one thing that I will be holding on throughout this process... I should always remember that although grades and MCAT are important, I may still have some qualities that med schools like... At least, I am determined that becoming a doctor is the one thing that I want in my life... I don't care how long or how hard it is going to take me (although these can be discouraging), I am going to get to it sooner or later... I feel like it is the only thing worth doing in my life, because it will help me to get on the path that I want to take....

mm...this is a good self pep talk... :-p. I feel much better now.

No comments: