"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Here is a recap of what happened today.

I didn't go to bed until 2 AM in the morning (working on some letters requesting for donation to the Unite For Sight-MSU Chapter) and woke up at 7:30AM to take a good old bath before work.

I was in Twin Pines this morning, paiting popsicle sticks with them. As soon as i turned my back on B, she dipped her hands into the paint pallet and began to enjoy her bright red non-toxic paint. Then, D1 covered her fingers with black paint, as black as soot. I was running around trying to clean them up so they don't get the paint on their clothes. We really didn't get much accomplished except painting a bunch of popsicle sticks into different colors. I was hoping that they would make some cool patterns with the sticks. Oh well...

Then, i baked some cinnamon streusel muffins with people in Cedar and Maple. D helped me to stir the dough and instructed me on how to sprinkle the struesel on. She was a good teacher. :). It turned out REALLY GOOD! I baked 12 of them, and they were all gone in less than an hour. I even took a picture of them with my camera phone, just because I wanted to remember what I did over in Ralston Village. I should really bring my camera with me everywhere i go in that place.

Then, i heard a cry from Renee, my coworker, "PEI, E has your fishy bag!" Ohhh... i coaxed E and told her that she has my bag...then I took my colorful fish bag to the table by the piano, thinking that it should be a safe spot where nobody is going to see. 5 minutes later, Renee was yelling across the room to let me know that E put the plate that had the cinnamon streusel and vanilla icecream into my fish bag that contained my books and all the rest of the junk. GREAT. So E actually went searching fot the bag that she thought was hers... :-/. Renee, Ethel, Aunty, and I fought to get my bag back because skinny E had a very strong grip on my bag. I was trying to tell her that she got icecream in the bag, so I would take the bag and clean it for her... On the other hand, Renne, Ethel, and Aunty (yeah, i call her Aunty because i can't pronounce her name...she said that I could call her Aunty) was trying to tell her that it was not her bag. Of course E was not going to believe the four of us who surrounded her. She must have felt victimized by us that she said, "I AM GOING TO CALL THE POLICE!" it made me laugh... :-p. that was a pretty funny scene.

Later, I played reverie by Debussy for H because he really liked the song last time. This time, I learned that it was a very popular song 60 years ago.... NO WONDER H liked it. He must had been in his teens when that music was around, assuming that he is in his 70s now... I am glad that I brightened someone's day with a simple piece of music that i played...

and...i finally found out our chef's name... his name is Azer, aka Aza. He's a nice guy alright... Renee tells me that only people who smell good will get the special salad from him. I did get special corn from him on Thursday, does that mean that I smell good? I don't like how that sounds, but I already promised him a movie tomorrow night after work. I will be careful, I promise.

i am exhausted... lol. working with old people can get me really tired... i think i am going to nap before i go out to wash my car.

No comments: