Kodak Moment
I was working on Thursday in Bay neighborhood the whole day. Residents who live in Bay are the highly functional Alzheimer's patients who still have good motor and sensory functions although their memories are failing them. Before dinner time, around 4PM, I asked a couple ladies if they wanted to take an afternoon stroll with me around Ralston Village. I figured that a little exercise in the late afternoon will probably stimulate their appetite, so S and L decided to walk with me (sorry...I have to keep their names confidential). The 15 min walk was pretty nice. S later decided that she wanted to go back into the building so that she could wait for her father's visit. S is a pretty young lady... It is really unfortunate to know that someone this young can also have alzheimer's disease developing in her brain. Then, I asked B to see if she wanted to walk with me before dinner, and she happily agreed. As soon as L heard that I was going to walk with B, she asked me, "can I take another walk with you again?" Of course I said sure but I double checked to make sure that she was still able to walk since she is in her late 80s or 90s... So, the three of us walked out of the Bay neighborhood...
We walked down the court yard sidewalk along the buildings in a sinle file... L, B, and myself... L was holding B's left hand, and B was holding onto my left hand... We just walked, holding tight onto one another, like what little girls did when they played together. There were purple and white flowers on the sides, butterflys flying around, and warm afternoon sun shining through the tree leaves.
It was a perfect Kodak moment just like what Jesus (a careworker) said when he walked by us going back to Maple neighborhood. Seriously... It was the CUTEST thing ever... I could so see the picture in my mind... hehe... it was a very adorable scene for sure.
A little surprise
i am a person who loves little surprises... sometimes the surprise doesn't even have to be big or be a material thing. I think i prefer the little ones here and there, because they can entertain me longer. I like to give people little surprises too if I get the chance...usually, i am not very good at it, because i tend to give too much hint... but recently, i've been good with sealing my mouth. To me, little surprises such as sending someone a card (yeah...i know...it is probably not called "surprise" by most people) not only show some care and kindness, but also let the person know that you are thinking of him or her. When I receive a small act of kindness like that, my mood usually changes dramatically from grumpy to a very happy and positive one. Maybe it is just me, but I usually enjoy these little things very much... anyhow... i don't know why i am talking about this because it is really irrelevant to my kodak moment story...
i should go to bed and get ready for Part II of my national registry test.
No comments:
Post a Comment