so today, i spent another 8 hours on the ambulance w/ 2 guys, Frankie and Ryan. Cool people...i guess. I took blood pressure, pulse, respiration rate for the 4 patients that i came in contact w/. Some of them were really sick. I felt so bad for them, but all I could do was to take their basic vital and try to make them as comfortable as I possibly can. They were all medical patients without trauma, except the one lady w/ a fractured shoulder was discharged from the hospital today. Anyhow... It was overall an interesting day.
I still have quite a lot of applications to go through. Man... it's no fun to have 8 applications lining up to be filled out. I still have to do my research for each school and explain why i applied to it. The most truthful yet cruel answer would be, "I want to go to medical school, and I don't really care which one i get into." But that wouldn't do. So I have to look into the curriculum and the teaching/learning environment...to see if I can explain my way out.
Yesterday, i had this HUGE cram... sigh. i couldn't even focus when i was driving...and when i was in the library looking for books, I was all haunched over due to the pain. I hate it SO much. Sometimes, i just wish i don't have an uterus, seriously. They can very well remove it surgically. Forget about having kids of my own. i can always adopt one from somewhere else. there are too many unfortunate children in the world. so, i finally decided to take an advil... i only have 2 left in the bottle now. i am sad because those advils are SPECIAL to me. :-p. yes... they have sentimental values.... lol.
i should go and study my EMT textbook now... :-/.
No comments:
Post a Comment