"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Monday, July 11, 2005

something happened inside me when he kissed me... i miss him.

this summer has been a good summer so far. take EMT classes, volunteer/work at Ralston Village, make a new friend (Allen) from San Jose, travelled to HK and Taiwan... and of course, getting to know more of my other friends that i've met over the years... it's been productive... I also had my primary applications in, and I am now working on my secondary applications...

seriously...

life can't be any better...

i begin to appreciate more about life itself and see it from a more realistic and mature sort of way... sometimes i am even amazed by the things that I say to my mom, because they surprise her... anyhow.

i already have a couple of my favorite old ladies in Ralston Village... one of them is this 93 year old who used to be an actress in Hollywood. There are a few pictures of her all dressed up in her room. She hates most men and thinks that they are always staring at her. She wants to go home and see her little doggie, and she wants to die all the time. I have no clue why I like her so much...maybe it is because she keeps calling me a doll and a sweet little girl. I don't know. Perhaps i like her because I can lighten up her for a little bit when I spend time with her. I like to see her smile, even if she doesn't have any teeth in her upper gum. She lost her upper denture somewhere, and she tells me that someone had knocked those teeth all out. She looks at her hand and looks at my hand, "oh, those pretty little fingers." it makes me giggle, because i know i don't have little hands or pretty fingers comparing to most asian girls of my size. "look at all these (points to her dark age spots on her hands)...what can i do with these? i want them out. is there a way to take them out" (sorry if i am not making too much sense in this entry...i am a little intoxicated after drinking a little bit of plum wine w/ my mom) women are still women... lol. they care about their looks even in their 90s... perhaps what they view as fasionable is way off from the standards of today, but they still care about how they present themselves if they can help it. i know that i am just mumbling about this one old woman who is probably of no interest to anybody who is reading this blog now... but i just feel like talking about her. i guess this is just a little tribute to her, so that i will always remember her. :).

you know... sometimes, all you need to do is to spend time with someone, and the most disagreeable person will turn into one of the mellowest people you will ever meet. :)

looking forward to work... :)

No comments: