"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Sunday, August 07, 2005

So, I woke up at 5AM this morning (i.e. saturday morning) and left for LA w/ my mom at 5:40AM...

The drive wasn't so bad. We got to LA at around 12:20AM (along with a little detour since my mom can't distinguish a left from a right...so we made a wrong turn. ha) But other than that, everything ran smoothly.

We got to eat lunch w/ Yoko (yee's roommie) at this pretty decent sandwich place. Their salad is really good, i think. For some odd reasons, I have been really into salad lately. I am not on a diet...but I am in this vegetable mode now... plus salad is light and nice for hot days.

unfortunately, i didn't get a chance to see either Ryan or Allen. I am a little disappointed... actually VERY disappointed... They have midterms and finals next week, so they are staying home and studying, which is understandable since I do it all the time. I just wish I had a chance to see them for an hour... :-/. Well, maybe next time.

Then, i got to buy some cute presents for Mandy's birthday (finally!). I hope that she'll like them. :). they are kind of cute.

and...we went to dinner w/ carol and her husband. they are really nice people. We had a REALLY nice chinese dinner...

afterwards, yee and i met yoko upstairs to see what they were doing (poker and BBQ mainly). I had half a bottle of samual adams beer (?) to drink for fun since yee thought it tasted bad. I kind of chucked it except with a few breaks so i had the time to swallow the liquid. it had this bitter after-taste...

then, we went to yee's old dorm to check it out. we ended up watching spiderman cartoon episodes and played a little bit of poker... (mm...i am not very good w/ poker at all...i was confused most of the time.)

mm...i should get going. i dunno what time we are leaving in the morning...but...we'll see

No comments: