"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Monday, October 17, 2005

I LOVE COOKING...

This weekend, I got charlie, thomas, and allen to come over and eat the food I cooked. Despite my grumpiness and tiredness, I managed to pull out 4 dishes in 1.5 hours. There was one failure, but I think I put too much chicken broth in there and I put the corn starch in the wrong order, so the egg turned out somewhat clumpy.

On Sunday, I made dumplings! :).

so today, as i walked back to the dorm from the library, getting half soaked by the drizzling rain, I got a little time for self-reflection. I wonder how much my emotion is dictating and making decisions for me. I made a pretty big decision over the weekend, and it is something that I will never be able to go back to. I am not regretting for the decision that I made though... since it is something that's bound to happen. I am actually happy in a sense because I was able to make someone else happy too. I just don't know if I accelerated things up with my decision. I hope not... Sometimes, I think I still lack patience... and my actions surprise me sometimes... this is another disorganized monologue of my thoughts...

anyhow

i got another interview! at virginia commonwealth university in Richmond... Going in the middle of November. Hopefully everything will turn out okay. That means I have to do a lot of school research on top of my research for my review paper on dietary acculturation and the associated coronary diseases...

life... is full of surprises...

No comments: