"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Thursday, February 02, 2006

started working as a receptionist...nothing much exciting. i can't seem to get "one moment please" out of my mouth every time I transfer a call. I end up saying, "please hold, let me transfer you." to me, it is not that big of a difference, but i suppose to the person who really live on the salary of a receptionist, it is quite important. it's understandable. i will try my best...perhaps tomorrow will be better, and i won't stutter "one moment please"... it is just really hard to get it out of my mouth for some strange reasons.

mom and i went to watch broke back mountain tonight. it is a pretty good movie. i would have to say that the camera really captured the emotional struggles of the protagonists. i can understand how hard it would be to be gay in a small town with closed religious beliefs back in the 60s, but i don't think i can really imagine the emotional turmoils within...because i am not one of them. i wish i can though (not that i want to be a lesbian...) the movie is really real... i think i'd like to watch it again when it comes out in DVD... i think a second time would help me to understand the movie better. I have to admit that I was struggling to understand the words they say since they have very strong accents...

i don't remember if i ever mentioned in my blog...that i saw a gay couple in Santa Barbara when I was down in that area visiting my brother with my family. The couple seemed to have adopted two kids, one black, and the other's ethnicity unknown (i couldn't really tell...). (fyi, this is all assuming that they are a gay couple and have adopted kids...or they could just be really loving dads taking their kids out for a walk and listening to street performers.) 'till this day, i can still remember what they were doing... both of them have wedding rings... Both men and their kids were sitting on the street curbs listening to the street performers singing mexican music. one had one kid sitting on his lap, and the other one had his hand around the black kid's back. the dad with the black kid was very attentive to the child, giving him water or nuts for snack from time to time. From what I saw, I saw loving fathers who care for their children. It appeared to me that the sexuality of the parents no longer matter as long as they love and educate their children in a positive and rational environment. Maybe the children will grow up into understanding adults. It was a really beautiful picture... I wish I had captured that scene with my digital camera... that was the one thing that kind of cheered me up that day...

anyhow. i need to get some rest. my head and my lungs hurt when i cough... and i have this dull headache the whole entire day as well... finger crossed. hopefully pei'll feel better tomorrow.

boa noite.

No comments: