"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

it's been OVER a month since I last updated my blog... I admit, I've been lazy...and I haven't been using my brain too much since I've been in Taiwan. Plus, there isn't any interesting news anyway...so I didn't really bother typing my blog.

However...

Since the beginning of this week, I've been going to a elderly day care center under the hospital where my dad works at. It's been an interesting experience, with all these old people speaking Taiwanese and with speaking none and understanding very little of what they speak. The interaction among us is much harder.... If i had really spent the time to learn Taiwanese, I would be having much more fun chatting with these really cute old people...

Yesterday afternoon, I received the news that i've been waiting for since forever... I AM IN!!! I got into University of Vermont...in Burlington... I was SO excited.

So this is how it goes...

I sat in front of the computer after coming back from the day care center and checked my MSU e-mail. 2 new messages, it said. I opened the inbox, and saw "Offer of Acceptance: University of Vermont College of Medicine." I opened the e-mail, wondering if my eyes were fooling me. but NO...it was REAL! As I instant messaged charlie and told him about what i saw, my fingers shaked as I typed and my head was dizzy (probably because I was having a headache) AND...tears rolled down! It was weird... I felt really weird... It was a DREAM COM TRUE. Then, I found out why Charlie called me TWICE at noon, but I didn't give him a chance to tell me the good news and he was too nice to let me find out about the news by myself so that I would experience the surprise... Dude.... I was jumping around later, hugging my dad, hugging his secretaries, calling my grandparents, and jumping around feeling dizzy and happy. :-D

then...I thought about the prayers Mom and I made to the Christian God, the prayers my aunt made to the Buddhist God, the prayers my dad made to my great grandmother, and all the other prayers from the people who care about me...Maybe they all heard the prayers and all helped me... :-p

:) School will start on Aug. 7... I have yet to find an apartment, in addition, I have to bring some stuff to Yee at LA and pack for mom and myself...etc. etc.. Dude...

:-D I just want to smile.

No comments: