Life doesn't always go the way we wish...
My mom has been back to Taiwan for a month now. It's been really rough for her, adjusting to the Taiwanese/Chinese culture, lifestyle, and the home there. I can't say that it is not unexpected, knowing how long she's lived here. It must be a great cultural shock for her... Not only that, she has to re-establish a relationship w/ my dad... (same thing for my dad as well). I don't quite know how they are doing, but my mom sounds really frustrated... I think it's been her fear that she is not going to adjust in Taiwan, and it's looking like it's coming true (to a certain degree...since i don't have much of an understanding in the matter yet). I wonder if she's getting the supports she needs in order to adjust...and it is making me worried about her well-being. I hope that she is strong enough to withstand this transition...or at least tries to... (I hope that my dad is trying too...so at least they have a chance.)
It's a scary thought...
It makes me wonder if what my parents did for us is really worth all their efforts...
:-/
No comments:
Post a Comment