So, my first year of medical school officially ended @ 12:30PM on Friday.
I am still not sure what I am feeling 2 days after the exam. I am not really concerned about my grades per se, but the fact that I am going to be here for pretty much the whole summer, doing research and TAing. Many people have already gone home...and it makes me somewhat nostalgic, because I am not going home. This is actually the 1st summer in my schooling career where I am not going home for the summer vacation. One of the reasons is probably because home is as far as it has ever been (esp. since i consider where home is where mom is). I kind of secretly wish that I am going home for the summer as well. I miss my parents and grandparents in Taiway...
I am, however, trying to cheer myself up by telling myself how much I look forward to the research experience that I'll have. I am excited about this research, since it is something that's dear to my heart.
On a lighter note, I sent my roommie off to India today. I'll miss him for 2 months... Now, the place feels empty, even though there are a lot of my friend's (Jenny) things piled in the temporary storage area, i.e. living room. I guess I will read the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons at night when I don't have to teach or study for the Board... Maybe I'll get a library card from South Burlington library, and see if I can find something interesting to read too... I'll have more time to reflect... Maybe I'll write a letter back to my grandpa...
Here is a link of the surprise party that I planned for Dilip's birthday. The greeting in the beginning is from me, and Luz was the camera-woman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_5HI1ker5M
No comments:
Post a Comment