"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Ah, I haven't not written for a long time.

My summer is almost over. This is the first time in years when I actually wish summer can be longer. Back in college, I always complained that summer was too long, 3 months of doing nothing. Now, in medical school, I wish summer will never end...or at least be 3 months long. I've been sleeping a lot per Dr. Naylor's request. I think I get at least 9 hours of sleep every day since last weekend. This is pretty much an impossible number of hours of sleep during school time. Imagine how sleep deprived I was, getting ~ 6 hours of sleep every day, and sometimes less.

I have taken some breaks from research. My first break was going to Pheonix to see Charlie. Together, we went to Sedona for a day trip. It was just soooo nice to be out in the wild and be awed by nature's art. I love those big red rocks. That was one of the most memorable trips. Of course, the Hummer ride added to the excitement as well. I wish I have more time to go visit places like that. I hope that I'll be able to go to the Yellowstone National Park one of these days... Maybe I'll be able to camp out there? I've never camped before...

Then a week after visiting Charlie, I got to see Yee!!! :) My little brother is all growing up... He's going to turn 21 soon. Imagine! It was really nice to participate in his thought process as he tried to explore the possibilities of his future plans. I think that whichever road he decides to do, he will turn out just fine... Life is not without some unexpected... I think the unexpected turnouts are sometimes the sweetest in life. He's also going to Europe, backpacking with a few of his friends. The thought of it makes me so happy for him... I think he's going to have a lot of fun and grow a lot from that experience. I have to live vicariously through him... I hope that he'll update me with all the exciting stuff he sees and experiences.

Dilip is coming back today. I am not sure what we'll do together. He is probably going to get some rest since he's been traveling all over the place after he got back to the US. I think I am going to make some biscottis for him and for my group meeting together. Then, I'll save the rest for Yee and for the girls when they get back.

Yee's coming to visit me this weekend. I am very excited. I haven't quite figure out what to do with him yet. I'll definitely take him to downtown, take him to that Italian restaurant that I can never remember the name to celebrate his early 21st birthday, and take him to the beach if it doesn't rain.

mm...i am going to read for a bit....

No comments: