"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

well, i haven't posted for a long time...I think i am getting out of my depressive mood! :)

I am GOING HOME from Feb. 20, 2008- Feb. 28, 2008. :) That makes me very very happy. ALSO, I will be in Portland, Maine for a whole entire year for my clerkship that starts with pediatrics/family med/internal med outpatient (PFO), followed by surgery and OB, and finally the fields that I am really interested in, which is PNI (psychiatry, neurology, and internal med inpatient). We'll see how it goes. I am definitely very happy that I will be going home the DAY AFTER MY USMLE I test... now I can really focus on studying...

aside from that, i had a splendid time spent w/ charlie 2 weekends ago. I wish I could have stayed there longer... The sunset/moon-rise was absolutely gorgeous... I hope that I will be able to post up some pictures soon...

Dilip's mom just taught me how to make 2 Indian dishes, so I am going to post them here before I lose my little piece of paper w/ the ingredients.

Chicken Curry Ingredients:
1 chopped onion
2 teaspoon of grated ginger
2 teaspoon of grated garlic
2 teaspoon of ground marsala (roasted and ground star anise, cinnamon, clove, etc.)
1/2 teaspoon tamarind powder
1/2 hot pepper powder
1/4 cup of well-mixed plain yogurt
1.5 lb of chicken breast (chopped, or can be drumsticks/thighs)
2 chopped medium tomatoes
1/2 cup of almond powder + water
oil
chopped cilantro to taste
salt to taste

saute onion w/ oil until golden, then add garlic and garlic. Mix well at medium heat. Then add all the spices (garam masala, tamarind, hot pepper). Mix well. Then add chicken and mix well. Let it cook until the chicken is half-way cooked. Then add the yogurt with salt. Let it simmer in low-medium heat until the chicken is cooked. Then add chopped tomato and the almond liquid. Cook for another 10 minutes. Sprinkle chopped cilantro before serving.

Vegetable Curry
1 medium onion in slices
1 jalapeno pepper
1 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoon garlic
1 yukon/red potato cubed
0.5 lb of string beans halved
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon tamarind
1 cup of cauliflowers + peas (can use frozen ones) each
1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk

saute the onion w/ the jalapeno pepper until cooked and golden. Add the ginger and garlic. Mix well at medium heat. Add cumin and tamarind. Add potato and string beans. Mix well and cook at low-medium heat until potatoes are almost cooked through. Add cauliflowers and peas and cook until they are cooked through. Finally add the unsweetened coconut milk. Bring to a boil, and it's done!

:) Sounds good? Maybe I'll make it next time when I get bored...

No comments: