"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What did I do today?


I slept in until 9AM and packed some essentials to go with me over the Thanksgiving break. I am actually heading to Liz's home in Quechee, Vermont. I've never been to the place, but the name of the place makes it sound like it's a cool place to go. I wonder if it is considered "rural Vermont"...

I made myself pseduo-potstickers for lunch and had some left over cream of mushroom/broccoli soup that I made yesterday. I am trying to empty out my part of the freezer, so I can have fresher food to put in later on. :-p. So I took some frozen dumplings and cooked it in a pan with some flour water mixture to make the dumplings crispy on the bottom. Real potstickers have the two ends open, and since I used dumplings, the two ends are closed, hence "pseduo potstickers".


As for my cream of mushroom/broccoli soup, I used pretty much the materials in my fridge. Cut up the a whole piece of broccoli that's been sitting too long and starting to turn "yellow", sliced the 6 left over mushroom, and chopped up a small onion. I saute the onions, added the broccoli and finally the mushroom. Then a 1/4 cup of flour (or a little less) into the pot, stirred until vegetables are kind of coated with the flour. ~ 2 cups of milk + some water with 1 teaspoon of chicken bullion. Then I just stirred the soup until it gets to a boil. Finally, I added a slice of American cheese that's also been sitting my fridge for the last couple of weeks. I made sure it is still edible. It turned out to be better than I imagined! It might be a bit better if I had some pepper and some cream or whole milk... But anyways... The flour part is a bit tricky. I have to play a little more with it next time.

No comments: