"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Sunday, November 24, 2002

So far into the semester, i have done so many things for the first time in my life
1. horse back riding
2. pumpkin carving (FUN)
3. ice skating =) (thanks to everyone who taught me how to skate and help me get up from the ice)
4. making s'mores (sti
5. living with an American girl ;-)
6. broom balling =)
7. playing RPG with paper and pencil/pen (very interesting game)

What have I been doing all these years? Where have I been?

When I left New York and came to find new life in Michigan (new life...yep...that's exactly what I was looking for), nobody wished me to do well in school, instead, they wished me happiness, especially my Physics teacher. (He's a very special teacher in my life, because he knows me.) Well, so far into the semester, I am enjoying life so much that I sometimes find it difficult to focus on what I should be doing. How did Pei lose her focus, her momentum, her drive? She wants to yell at herself for being so NOT PEI LIKE. AHHHHHH... What happened to me? I need to work harder, focus more, dig into the subjects that I am learning. She's determined to do what she SHOULD be doing...even if she has to force herself to do it. I can no longer waste any time, because the finals are coming. I cannot, and I will not. NO. I don't want to disappoint my parents, my grandpaprents, and the people who know me. I want to reach my goal, something that I've been striving for 6 years. There is no way that I'll ever give up that part of myself away.

So what's the conclusion here? Pei's going to devote her next week, thanksgiving, and the week after ALL TO HER STUDYING for the final. Yes. NOTHING else, but immerse herself in the smell of the books. =) Don't you agree that old books smell good?

No comments: