"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Friday, January 03, 2003

mm...break is almost over. I wish it could be a little longer, just a little longer, so that I can be with my dad for a little longer, since that's the main reason why he came. Or, only if he could come to school with me and see what Michigan is like (but then I'll have to hear him complain about the coldness...haha).

I've been trying to download the song, Xiao Wei by Hwuang Pin Yuan, for him since he wants me to burn CDs for him before I am back to school again. LOL. We had a lot of fun together searching songs that we have absolutely NO idea about. First of all because I can't quite get the English spelling of Chinese characters in the sharing program; second, I just don't listen to Chinese songs that often that I don't know who are the popular singers; third, he just want old songs reinterpreted by a younger singer in a jazzy way. So picky (no wonder I am picky too...Like father like "daughter").

hmm...ah, and waking him up is the most fun thing to do (evil grin)... muwahahaha, because of the jet-lag, he can fall asleep in the afternoon by just sitting on the sofa for one single minute, or not even. Then, it is my job to wake him up so that he will be able to go to sleep at night at the normal time. In the process of waking him up, he'll make all kinds of funny noise to show that he wants to get up but his body is immovable. Right now, at 11:34AM, he's still sleeping for some unknown reason, and we've been trying to wake him up since 10AM. Every time we call him, he shows some reaction, perhaps now becoming a part of "reflex", and falls back to sleep. Sigh...he will not be able to overcome the jet-lag if he continues sleeping like that.... On the other hand, it'll be good, too, since his body clock remains the "Taiwan" time, he'll be back and have less trouble with jet-lag. Hopefully, that's what's going to happen.

i am going to work on some yearbook layout now... bye bye...have a good day

No comments: