"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Saturday, March 22, 2003

Praise Night turned out to be a great event even the turn out of people wasn't as big as what we had anticipated... The group really enjoyed Mr. Lee's speech... He's such a great speaker who uses a lot of body languages to convey his ideas to the audience, and he tries hard to make the speech relevant to our own lives. I did learn a lot even though I am not a Christian, because the speech is so universal... Actually, I think the way Christian view life is a lot like how I look at life-- looking for a fulfilled life spiritually, except I sort of see "God" as nature, the reality, the harmony among the living creatures. Anyhow, I thought the speech was very good, because it hit on some of the really important ideas, such as "commitment" and "understand that there are bumps in the way." I remember that I was telling Yee and Ms. D one night about becoming a Christian, (mm, yeah), and I was saying that if I want to be a Christian, I want to be stone sure that I'll be committed to it. I know myself well, I know that I am the kind of person who gives up easily on a thing that she is unsure about the outcome (but not on academics, b/c I know what I want to do with my life career-wise, lifetime-wise, etc). I suppose that's one of the reasons why I decide to be "no preference" towards religion, because I don't really know what's going to happen at the end. Does anybody know for SURE? Who knows what the "end" is going to be like unless he/she has been through it and come back to life again! The end of life, we will all return to the nature and be part of it. Perhaps this is not making any sense to any people with a religion, but that's the biggest question in my mind... I need to be convinced by concrete evidence that I can experience by myself, only and alone. Besides, all religions are essentially the same (well, most of them if not all) in that they profess the importance of finding the "good" in human beings and finding "peace" within oneself's soul... Commitment comes only after understanding of the subject of matter.

No comments: