i think i am obsessed with blogging... this is not good...
English class was very interesting today. We talked about the play, "Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead." Death is a big theme in the entire play... Here is a quotation from Guildenstern's speech, "Dying is not romantic, and death is not a game which will soon be over...Death is not anything...death is not...It's the absence of presence, nothing more...the endless time of never coming back...a gap you can't see, and when the wind blows through it, it makes no sound..." At the end, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern disappearred from the stage for the first time in the entire play, because disappearance means non-existance, and non-existance is death. Interesting concept... Foundamental questions about life are also asked in the play when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are questioning their own existance and their purpose for life. It does make Hamlet (the play) look a lot different once you read "Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead." A totally new perspective is put on "Hamlet."
Tonight will be a very busy night for me... For some reason, all the things are happening today. I am a little overwhelemd.
6PM Mowbray Scholar meeting
7PM CEM 182H review session
8:30PM CSC old E-board meeting at Olive Garden
and i need to come back to do my laundry so I will have something to wear for tomorrow, unless I want to wear a dress... (ha, that is "if" i wear...then...no...too much trouble, even though i love that dress.)
Sunday...my distant relative (dad's cousin and his wife) from Chicago are coming to visit me... Well, I can't really say no out of respect because they are the "elderly" people (not only because of their generation, but also because they are in their 70s too, i think)... I don't really know who they are, because I think I have only seen them once or twice in my life when I was very young. What am I going to say to them? I hope I will not be too awkward about it. I shouldn't, because they are family members... I suppose it will be a good study break for me... Let's hope so.
Other than that I should focus, focus, and focus on my finals...
No comments:
Post a Comment