"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Sunday, April 13, 2003

ToDaY...I sTaYeD aT tHe LiBrArY fOr mMmMmM 5 hOuRs To WrItE mY eSsAy...

ok, enough with the funkiness... I got my essay done! I am really happy that essay is over, which means there are 2 more things to go! Chemistry paper and the poster...sigh.. I will get it done somehow.

After my essay, I decided to take a walk back to Bryan Hall through the Brody trail...well, partly the Brody trail. You know the garden path by the main library? Well, I took that path today, just to see if the flowers/trees/bushes are blooming now. The answer is no, but I did see something really interesting. There is a tree called the "Princess Tree" (I think), and it is originally from China. It looks really lonely by itself, even though there are bushes around it. It stands out really well in the crowd of other plants because of its height and bleakness. I do think "princess" fits its appearance, just because of how it looks so high and elegant...seems like it is the best tree out there.

I walked out a little farther down and followed the Red Cedar path...looking at the birds singing and the squirrels eating... There are patches of green grass here and there... Some of the trees are sprouting their springy leaves; others are blossoming. Two of the squirrels on the trees by the river were screaming and scratching at each other when I passed by. I didn't know squirrels can be that aggressive... I stood there and watched to see what will happen. One of them jumped to the tree next by it, almost fell into the river, and the other started to climb down and ran toward the tree where first squirrel jumped to. I tried to follow the second squirrel, but I lost sight of him. The sky has such a pretty blue to it...not much clouds in it. It was sunny and breezy... I listened to the birds sining, and wonder who they are singing the beautiful songs too. I saw some bright red birds and some sparrows (?) singing too... I wonder if someone can teach me how to whistle like a bird... I never learned how to whistle. I wished I could learn the animal languages and communicate with them... People would be so surprised if they hear me speaking in squirrel language. haha. I want to see their reactions...

I got to play piano for a bit in Bryan Hall, and then in McDonel. I have to tell you, the piano in McDonel is in a REALLY GOOD condition. I was SOOOOO happy playing in the music room in the basement.. I was so happy that I basically talked to myself and immersed myself in the amazing Inventions by Bach. Geez...it was absolutely amazing. I love that feeling when all you can hear is the sound of a tuned piano. It was amazing... I am definitely going to utilize that piano a lot when I move to McDonel next semester. The sound of the piano was so powerful by itself...plus you can hear the echoing in that little room. I definitely have to get a piano for myself when I have my own house. =)

that's it for today...oh yeah...grandpa said that if i ever need to read Chinese novels, just let him know so that he'll send them to me. (he read my letter to dad, because dad showed it to him, and found a Chinese spelling error in my letter... sigh... So he was encouraging me to write more and read more.) Does anybody know how to type Chinese in the blog so it doesn't turn into question marks when I post it?

No comments: