We talked about a lot of things at work today...
We listend to this really sad story about Jason (Christine's boyfriend)'s family. That boy is taking everything in, and it is really devastating to his inner emotions. I can never understand how a mother would decide to abandon her whole family for a lover. Anyways... I hope he'll get some good advice on how to live a normal life so that he will not repeat what his mother has done to them, which is his biggest fear of all. We talked about apes and monkeys, which led us to the topic of evolution and religion, because we had to explain to Gosia what the theory of evolution is about. We all got to express what our stand of view is on religion. That was something exciting. Good discussion time... Then, we talked a little about philosophy. I felt like I was back in the English class again! That was such a wonderful feeling... hehe. Yeah, Christine also told me about her rollerblading and wisdom teeth experience....
Later on, I picked up a phone call
me: good afternoon, the cosmetics company store speaking, how may i help you?
man: ....
me: hello?
man: ...
me: how can I help you?
man: i am looking for a cream for my wife
me: ok. a cream. What kind of cream? Do you know the name?
man: I don't know. are you familiar with the products in the store?
me: yes, I think so. that could be hard. what kind of cream? Does it have perfume smell to it?
man: a white cream
me: a white cream... (looking at christine and repeating everything he said because he had a funny voice)
man: yes
me: do you know what brand it is from? Estee Lauder, Clinique, Bobbi Brown...?
man: Estee Lauder. It's white and in a big white tube... You know what I am talking about?
me: Not really... (looking at Christine and starting to think that this guy is nuts) Does she use for the body or the face?
man: I don't know. She puts it all over. Sometimes she would put it on the paws of the dog, too. (me at this time thinks that these people must be really extravagant to put Estee Lauder cream on dogs. Chrstine showed me with her hands that she's going to pick up the other phone and listen. I nodded my head to agree with her.) Sometimes she would put some on my legs and lick...
me: errrrr (thinking, sir, you don't have to be THAT detailed to me...)
Christine (picks up the phone and listened for a second): (a slight click)......
man: yeah, so you have the cream?
me: ......
Christine: JASON!!!!!!!!
me: (put the phone back on and started laughing)
I started to laugh SO VIOLENTLY that I couldn't straighten my back for few minute... One of my hand had to hold on to the register table and the other hand had to hold on to my legs, so that I don't fall. I was laughing so hard that tears came down. hahahahaha. I could feel how the muscles on my face contracted. bah...
It was fun at work today =)
No comments:
Post a Comment