today (or yesterday, the 18th), work was quite an experience, not that anything extremely interesting happened. There were a lot of Chinese people coming into the store for some reason. I was quite surprised by the number of Chinese in the store (usually we get more Koreans than Chinese). So, I would speak Chinese to them most of the time with a little English mixed in here and there. Suzanna was there with me most of the time because she had nothing to do in the back office. So, I'll be talking to the Chinese customer and Suzanna at the same time... That's when you know your brain is just not fast enough to deal with two things, especially two totally different languages. I am glad those Chinese people speak both languages...not for Suzanna though. SO, I started to speak Chinese to Suzanna... and she looked at me all puzzled thinking that I was speaking to the customer! Bah... that was quite entertaining. The customers were really nice about my inability to deal with both languages at the same time. heh. (I love to see these people's surprised faces when they found out that i speak Chinese...)
another thing at work... the dusk with the cloudy raining sky was absolutely gorgeous. it was purplish pink (just like some of the eyeshadow colors)! Too bad that I didn't have my camera with me at the time to take pictures.
ah...another thing concerning Chinese... it might sound really weird to you, but i generally only speak chinese to family members or family friends or friends in taiwan. I would speak Chinese to people only if we spoke Chinese to each other for the first time we met, which means if I were to meet a Chinese person and spoke English to him/her for the first time, I would always speak English to him/her unless I have to speak Chinese. In another word, if I were to meet this Chinese person for the first time and spoke Chinese, then I will always speak Chinese to him/her. Is it just me? strange...isn't it? Oh yeah...fyi, another weird thing about me...i don't like the "taiwanese chinese" Chinese accent for some reason, but i LOVE the mainland mandarin accent (just like i like the british english accent...oh geez...it sounds so nice...over the american english accent). and...hmm...i speak Chinese funny when I am not with my family. somehow, i think i don't speak Chinese as well when i am with people other than family/family members/friends in taiwan.
what else? someone told me that i have very good singing voice (though i've been told by my dad that i simply cannot sing)...because i was "humming" music as I always do. that was nice of him to say. he says he'll sing some chinese songs to me next time once he gets a microphone...we'll see. it should be quite interesting to listen...
i want to yawn, but i can't really open my mouth. i think there is a piece of my gum that's hanging off of its proper position due to the stitches... i thought it was a piece of noodle tangled with my stitches earlier on. glad that i didn't just pull it off. it would've been so bloody.
i know...i am really random today...still waiting for mom to come back home from the airport, should be back soon though. so...yeah...
ok, she's back. i am going to bed now.
No comments:
Post a Comment